Linn Selekt Journey

My dealer had an event today and gave me speaker cables for testing. Transparent Plus Cable

Madness towards my witchhat

1 Like

I prefer Naim dacs, as do most people round here.

1 Like

Glad you like them, I prefer the Chord DACs, my ears/system/ room etc.
Also glad you found my post from last December!

1 Like

It’s a Naim Forum after all, isn’t it?

1 Like

Yes that would explain it.

Plus, maybe they just do sound better! :grinning::musical_note::dart:

2 Likes

When I play the selekt and the muso QB via AirPlay 2, both systems do not run exactly parallel. What is to be done?

1 Like

My initial thinking on this is that the time for each system to play music is not the same nor is it sync’d. Depending on how far out of sync they are it may be possible to slow the Selekt down a bit by altering its "lip sync’ time. Having said that I have no idea if the lip sync time is impacted by Airplay2 or if it is for HDMI input only.

Maybe a couple of calls, one to Naim and one to Linn?

1 Like

Is that for example when say, playing the same radio station on both.

If so, we have the same. If playing Jazz24 on an Echo device and on the Linn Selekt DSM at the same time, they are not synced.

I put it down to different servers, different interfaces, etc.

DG…

I don’t mean that, that’s quite normal.

I play a station via a radio app on my mobile phone and transmit via AirPlay 2 on both devices. This works with different Naim devices and also with two other mobile speakers. The selekt has a minimal time offset

1 Like

I control the devices directly from an app together. All devices are synchronous, only the Linn not

1 Like

What makes you assume that they should all be in sync?
There’s no communication between the playback devices that would imply this for starters.

1 Like

Maybe Roon can work around this issue? But I guess that you are not using Roon?

1 Like

The Apple Marketing say that can be played all parallel. It also works with the other devices

1 Like

If they were all Apple devices, like HomePod, then it is very likely. But Linn implementation of Airplay may not be the case.

1 Like

Are you using SO on the Linn ?

1 Like

Did you try adjusting lipsync on Linn? My understanding is that it inserts delay or not to an audio stream so that audio can be sync’d with an external video, It may adjust all inputs or it may only impact HDMI inputs but you could try. It may be that your Linn box has “Delay Mode” set to “Video Sync” and it is that which is causing the delay.

From Linn documents:

1 Like

Thx, i will try tomorrow

1 Like

It can’t, I had Linn, Naim, Sonos and Chord devices as concurrently available end points on my Roon setup and they can’t be grouped together in one common multiroom output.
In theory Airplay should be able to group endpoints but no idea if you’d expect accurate alignment of outputs.

1 Like

This is my understanding: we can group zones of the same type Airplay, but you may be correct in pointing out that accurate alignment may not possible. I would not use Airplay (2) for hires, so it is just my guess that it could work.

1 Like

Would it be worth making my linn selekt dsm into an all in one System with focal kanta 1. Or should I keep my Rega aethos amplifier.

1 Like