List of speakers heard with Nait / Nait 2

Added - Thanks Chen!

I have the KEF 101 playing right now with a NAIT 5. I Still have the NAIT 1, but I need the full recap with the cryo power supply treatment. Great combo!

Hi, recently got Nait 1 and now I’m in search for pair of speakers. System will play in my office.
Im not sure so can you tell if Naim 1 will work well (in terms of technical compatibility) with Kef 101 ref or 103.2 which I can get used on local market at the moment… Thanks!

When I got my first bit of Naim gear, it was the Nait1. I had to wait for a week for my LP12/Ittok/ARP77 to be ready, so I duly set it up with my existing Thorens 160/SME3009S2/Ortofon mm cartridge (can’t remember the model after all these years. I ran it into my Spendor BC1s (QED 79 strand cable), and also connected up my Stax SR3 headphones (using a QED speaker switching box).

Absolute heaven, but the upgrading bug had bitten and here I still am nearly 40 years later …

QED 79, I still have mine in a bag in the loft somewhere. I used to think it was called that because it cost 79p a metre. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks billywindsock.

“Absolute heaven” sounds good but can you remember any more and then I can add them to the first post.

See initial post or Kellynaim’s earlier post.

Kelly hi, did you run 101 or 103 on Nait 1? I have dilema will they pair or not, also in technical terms?
Ivan

I did. It sounds fantastic. Not good for rock but fabulous for classical jazz and folk. With a good sub, PERFECT.

Royd Edens on Kan II stands. Not a lot of bass though, didn’t go loud without harshness :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Very analytical - wish I’d never sold them. 🙅

Well, as i bought my daughters Naits (1 for the eldest 2 for the youngest - both were current models at time of purchase). One had Royd Coniston and the other had Royd A7 (can’t remember who had which).
Both sounded good (on wall brackets).

I had Royd Edens for a while with my study system (now my main system, and ran them for a few weeks with a Nait 2. Again, worked very well. (I use n-System now, with much better source and amplification.

Well, it was nearly 40 years ago, but prior to the Nait 1 I had been driving them with a Rotel 802 receiver. I think it was the PRAT that got me, and set me off on the slippery slope to bigger and better Naim and Linn equipment. IIRC, the bass was much more controlled, and even though the Rotel was 50 wpc, the Nait had no problem providing enough volume in our 16 x 14 ft living room.

As an aside, the Spendors now belong to my brother and are still providing sterling service (with a Rotel amp and Dual Turntable)

1 Like

Guru Juniors, nice combo in my opinion!

Please can you describe their attributes with Nait/Nait 2 so that I can add them to the first post.

Only heard them via phone clips but I like what they do.

1 Like

I think the Guru Junior has some similar elements that Kans have, timing, rhythm, reasonable imaging, and a great illusion of decent bass, especially for such a diminutive cabinet. Maybe they even out-Kan the Kan overall. While maybe not the ultimate in detail, still just a very fun and enjoyable listen, hard to go wrong with them. Fairly easy to set up, hard against the walls behind them, play with toe-in/out, adjust to your liking. Enjoy!

1 Like

Added - thanks!

Nait2 with Intro2 sounds superb too.
Add a top source and fly far away in music world! :grinning:

I had Guru Juniors with my Nait 2 CB until very recently and I have to concur with @Frazeur1’s comments - spot on! A real boogie speaker that just makes you smile.

I now have Spendor Classic 4/5 with my Nait 2. Small speakers like the ProAc Tab 10. The Spendors are easier to drive than the ProAcs (brief stay). Surprising amount of tight bass for the size, very natural sound and good articulation. A good buy!

5 Likes

The Ruark Sabres

, also had them with an LP12 - lovely speakers. As I’ve said elsewhere on this forum, I bought them on the spot - unheard and they lived up to exactly what I hoped they would sound like.

Started with a Nait 3 and just converted into pre-amp, added Flatcap and then power amp.

The tuner from those days still is in the rack now

2 Likes

Nice. IIRC the Sabres were a development of the Diesis Solitaire. I loved the Solitaires (which coincidentally work very nicely with a NAIT 2), and their cabinets paid nice homage to the fluted plinth of the Linn Sondek.

1 Like