List of speakers heard with Nait / Nait 2

A marriage made in heaven, the thing about of expensive hobby is that sometimes we don’t realise , just how good things are or were .

My two biggest mistakes were letting the LP12 and Sabres go

I loved the Solitaire speakers also. I gave mine to my nephew many years ago, along with an Ion Systems Obelisk 3X amplifier. They still sound great.

A brilliant amp too! Much the best of the Ion Systems integrated amps (OK, it was two boxes with the X-Pak supply), I still have one here.

1 Like

As my Supernait 3 is headed back for a fix, I moved the Nait 1 to the main system. Sounds better than I expected with the Graham LS5/8s. Incredible how good this little amp sounds in this system.

1 Like

Just a reminder folks - if you include some detail about how they sound then I’ll add them to the list in the first post. Tx

Added

2 Likes

Really enjoyed reading this thread and a very helpful resource for people to revert back to.

What would also be a very interesting and useful topic would be a thread on Naits and Supernaits listing there individual virtues and characteristics and how popular each individual model is and why.

I can’t be the only person who gets a little confused when looking at the wide range of Nait and Supernait models.

1 Like

Tend to agree Yorkshireman

For me there are 2 standouts

(1) NAIT 2 - absolutely superb, despite low power can drive many speakers, currently listening with nSats speakers, lovely open midrange , what a combo. Even at current prices still a bargain for SQ, get a serviced one and will go for many years

(2) SUPERNAIT 3 - a bargain at the price for a top integrated , Salisbury got it right with this one, fast, delivers music as it should, slight loss of detail compared to separate pre/power combos but who cares, it’s a fun amp

3 Likes

There were a few old threads scattered around but it was hard to piece them all together so glad you’ve found it useful.

I’m sure you’d get plenty of contributions if you start a Nait thread like that. There are quite a few of them now. You can find a list here: https://www.naimaudio.com/product-history

1 Like

Google ‘Naitology’ to see a review/comparison of James’ (Tomtom Audio) early Naits.

Here also Nait 2 Owners

3 Likes

Agree, a post dedicated to all the Naits and their respective pros, cons and idiosyncrasies would be very helpful. Personal experience limited to owning just the Nait 2 and 3 so far. Despite the sonic gains associated with multiple boxes, there is something appealing about a well sorted integrated and keeping a system simple.

There must be someone who’s owned the full Nait set!

3 Likes

I can attest to how the Nait 2 and Neat Ekstra’s work well together, although the Ekstra’s are’n’t a particularly easy speaker to drive.

The Ekstra’s are a very good all round speaker with a good frequency range and a smooth ribbon tweeter that work well with all genres of music including classical and Baroque.

Currently listening to: Vivaldi Cello Concertos - Jonathan Cohen - The Kings Consort - Robert King - Hyperion CDA67553

My little test rig of an Olive Nait 2 - Ekstra’s and an old Technics SL-XP 490 Walkman CD player.

4 Likes

Added.

Love the top pic in particular.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.