London and UK Jazz Scene - recommendations and discoveries

Zeitgeist Freedom Energy Exchange - Big Up (live)

They have new record on Pre Order Sci Fi Jazz Directions.

1 Like

Seems interesting. I see few albums on Bandcamp. Will check and listen. They are from Germany, but appropriate in the spirit of this thread.

1 Like

Despite the name and living in Berlin the three members Ziggy Zeitgeist, Matthew Hayes and Lewes Moody all Australian hailing from Melbourne.

The new record available on Pre Order looks very good.

2 Likes

New album from Robothands.

My favourite tracks : 1 and 3.

1 Like

Came across this on bandcamp. Nice vibe

1 Like

Great album to come. The available Theon Cross track is a killer.

Recorded in February 2021 in Studio Two, Abbey Road Studios, London.
Produced by Jazz re:freshed and British Underground.
Engineered by John Barrett
Mixed/Mastered by Mark Lewis

To come the September 2.

3 Likes

Looks worth buying for the sleeve alone 8)

2 Likes

Thanks just ordered limited to 500 copies and vinyl only.

2 Likes

I predicted that :grin:

The last Yussef Dayes. Not bad. Even if I preferred some past albums more.

2 Likes

Yes I saw this but no vinyl and as you say not his very best work but still enjoying the stream.

2 Likes

From the excellent new EP NAQI Vol 1 from Mansour Brown only available on digital at the moment but hopefully on vinyl soon

2 Likes

Deep, improvised jazz set from the very heart of the London scene. Line-up includes: Leon Brichard (Ill Considered, Wildflower) on bass; Gene Calderazzo on drums (Part 1 & 2); Robin Hopcraft on Trumpet and Idris Rahman (Ill Considered, Wildflower) on saxophone/fx

Sounds good so far.

2 Likes

Nice one, how is the pressing?

Thanks for the heads up though I Can’t read the title so I can check this out.

1 Like

Thanks @Bobthebuilder

Last album on pre order.

:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Its probably a bit unfair as it was a limited pressing i got through Sounds of the Universe which is now sold out!
The record is Mu sessions Vol1 which features the artists i put in the text before. Hopefully they will do more with a wider distribution

1 Like

paru le 26 août 2022

UK jazz bassist and composer Nim Sadot pays homage to his roots in his newest project. The album, simply titled Felix, is inspired by his late grandfather, a Polish artist who survived a Second World War Soviet labor camp by painting portraits of the camp’s officers.

The album’s cover, in keeping with Sadot’s previous two releases, features an artwork by Felix; a classical figure composition created by stone lithography.

In fitting tribute to the life and work of Felix, the six tracks that make up the album form a hypnotic sonic tapestry that blend traditional influences with a forward-looking and contemporary approach.

MUSICIANS
Nim Sadot - Bass
Idris Rahman - Sax
Nick Walters - Trumpet
Hamish Balfour - Piano and Keyboards
Laurie Lowe - Drums
Yuval ‘Juba’ Wetzler - SPD on Yep

4 Likes

Very nice FR.

1 Like