Lost remote control

My damned living room network went down and I have to resynch my atom and core to new network…BUT, I can’t find the original remote control, which was/is required for synching. How can I synch them up without a remote? The original insttruction do not appear to explain that option. Thank you in advance.

It’s my understanding that setup is done from the app, and that a remote is not required. Have you tried it?

Probably not an option. :scream:
Better get your magnifying glass out. :face_with_monocle:

Mine, too, at least with the Atom. Open app, choose “Setup new device”, etc as set out under “First time installation” on Uniti Atom Support page.

Roger

And there is no remote with the Core. It’s all done via the app. Bur anyway a change of network doesn’t mean any change at all to the Core. Just plug it into the new network. You probably won’t even have to restart it.

Well, if I understand what you just said, yes that would seem to be the answer. But, when my router went through a hard ‘update’ last week, it required a total reset to the router, including network name, sign in, etc. As such, I need to find the ‘new’ router address without having the remote to do it. As such, is there a way for the Naim “system” access from my computer to swithch to the ‘new’ router?
Perhaps - and this is likely - I am not articulating the question well.

Well, if I understand what you just said, yes that would seem to be the answer. But, when my router went through a hard ‘update’ last week, it required a total reset to the router, including network name, sign in, etc. As such, I need to find the ‘new’ router address without having the remote to do it. As such, is there a way for the Naim “system” access from my computer to swithch to the ‘new’ router?
Perhaps - and this is likely - I am not articulating the question well.

If you connect your Core and Atom by Ethernet cables to your router then they will just work. You will probably have to restart everything (I mean by taking the power off and on again) but you may not need to do that.

If your Atom is connected by WiFi then you only need to change the settings if your WiFi network name (SSID) and/or password have changed. But you can sort that out with the Naim app. You don’t need the remote.

But maybe I’m not understanding how you are using these Naim units.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.