Love the 272 please update - 1 click like post

Sorry if this question doesn’t fit here but how does one get Roon to work with nds?

See post 528 or 529 in this thread.

If you mean this thread about 272 I looked and found nothing on roonifying. But i might be daft. It’s known to happen

It looks like this…

While thank you dear sir I haven´t gotten my new glasses yet. Damn age trying to hinder me.

Now I just need @trickydickie to explain how to configure that lms-upnp. I have bubble running but am nor satisfied with the Linn software since I can´t scrub within songs for instance.

Start here

There’s also a current thread going here that is more Mac based

Richard

1 Like

Thank you @trickydickie I´ll dive right in

I enjoy finding records I don’t yet have as well as live performances from groups like Amon Duul II, Faust and Neu! on YouTube. I use an Amazon Live TV via Bluetooth using a Logitech adapter into a 172.

“You could take a look at your cable routing and pay particular attention to the mains cords…I am not suggesting spending huge sums…”

Was this intended as a reply to @easeback1 rather than me? I had no problems with 272; indeed thoroughly enjoyed it until major system change last year.

Roger

For me it’s mostly to do with timbre i.e. getting a guitar to sound like a guitar or a piano like a piano. A couple of decades ago I owned a Naim CDS that couldn’t get close to my LP12 in this respect. I think the gap has narrowed for digital playback, but it still seems highly dependent on individual recordings.

Oddly enough, before you wrote this, I rearranged my system’s back end (router, Cisco 2960 and Mac Mini in separate room from the Naim boxes), specifically to put more space between the mains leads and the network cables. It definitely helped; seemed to …er, create a more spacious sound. NAP250 & XPS DR are both on Powerlines.

That’s good you seem to have that pretty much well sorted. What router are you using… I have experimented replacing cheap switched mode power supplies and it has made a very nice difference particularly to timbre and spaciousness… try replacing your router psu with a linear try one of these…

they are not expensive but are very good…

3 Likes

Thanks Richie. I’ve been trying to steer clear of the LPS rabbit hole, but happy to try at that price.

My router is a Linksys EA6350. My recently upgraded fibre internet connection seems to require use of the ISP’s own router, so this now feeds the Linksys. Both routers are on iFi PSUs, which offer some improvement over stock. Oh, and I’ve also got a second Cisco 2960 on order, because why not? : )

It’s ironic but also inevitable, I suppose. As a previous owner of a Naim active system, I’ve been impressed by my relative restraint this time around (only three Naim boxes on the main rack). But at this current rate, I’ll end up with another 20 assorted boxes in the next room…

1 Like

Hey Rich - what do you use these for?

With apologies for the slight OT, if you like Neu!, you may enjoy some friends of mine (they’ve been compared by others who know ore than I do about such comparisons!). Einstellung (click the name for a link).

1 Like

Thank you. I will take a listen

Hi yeah the 3 box 272 with 250dr is sweet…enjoy…dont underestimate the effect of the ethernet chain…

Have had the 272 for little more than a week now joining my 250DR replacing Supernait 2 (and 3). I’m really satisfied with the update. So much more control and definition with my Harbeths and they sound so much more relaxed and never getting close to sounding stressed. Recommended upgrade if you run Harbeths or other low sensitivity speakers.

1 Like

I’m starting to believe in it. If only there was a forum thread with useful info on ethernet cables & switches :rofl:

2 Likes

Go to streaming section of forum check out… ‘Ethernet switch and cables mania’

Yep, I read most of that thread. Sort of wish I hadn’t.

6 Likes