• dac
  • preamp
  • phono stage
  • headphone amp
  • ssd slot
  • psus

That’s just silly.

2 Likes

It will come, and it will be in the Uniti styling with a new power amp to match and a paired Focal active speaker. Pretty much like Yeti’s pictures in his thread.

1 Like

The first three words are almost certainly correct. As to the rest, it’s almost certainly wrong. And if it is right, there will will be an awful lot of seriously unhappy people. To introduce a power amp in a different style would be an absolute folly.

2 Likes

Also the current range of streamers aren’t that old, it’d be madness to make them redundant and the replacement 272 an orphan again. As you said they’d be a lot of very unhappy campers.

Also, if it a Uniti style 272 was introduced it would need a Uniti style power supply too, assuming it had an upgrade path.

I don’t think it will come. To many dealers say they doubt it will…

Yes it will. Now that I don’t want it. The dealers may well be airing their doubts about the future in order to sell products now…

My dealer said in autumn that he was sure that it will come because the 272 was one of the best sellers for them and obviously they need something in this segment. And they said so even though they knew I was pondering NDX2/252 otherwise (which is what happened). Other dealers may want to sell NDX2+pre instead, or their 272 stock, and may say something else. In either case, not the most reliable info.

But I will never understand how someone chooses to believe dealers over Naim’s own statement

We shall have to wait and see, and that has been said for how long now???

I couldn’t care either way, I would never want a digital source that dates fairly quickly in with an analog product that doesn’t change much or hasn’t done for many years.

In another 5 years time, you’ll be in the same position possibly looking to by a new source but you need to buy a new preamp which is perfectly good.

Supernait with a Streamer DAC is they way to do things in my opinion if box count is key.

1 Like

We’re in the middle of a f*****g pandemic and NAD could not even fix my then-new C658 in spring/summer when it broke because they could not get parts. Somebody on the forum posted their whatever Japanese unit could not be fixed because they could not get a part from Slovakia. Nobody in their right mind would do a product launch right now

Cyrus are not doing a bad job apparently

Yes let’s go in circles! :slight_smile: They may have been at a different point in their development and production schedule. They have much less global reach. The Cyrus XR was announced but I cannot find any on the websites of the German dealers that Cyrus have listed on their website. If I get one and it breaks, can they fix it?

I am not suggesting now, that’s obvious. The new streamers were out for a good while prior to COVID and Brexit tho, you may have noticed.

Then let’s wait for after the pandemic, no?

Of course but you’re missing my point. That being they could have released it, if it was/is going to ever happen prior to COVID and Brexit…

The could have released it only if it was ready to release, which it clearly wasn’t or they would have released it.

1 Like

Well maybe it was not ready in 2019 and they wanted to do it in 2020 and then we know what happened

Or… they aren’t going to release it! :rofl::rofl:

Sorry can’t help it, just stirring the pot!

It’s possible, but the fact that they neither released it before the pandemic nor in the middle of the pandemic is not evidence for anything. And considering that Mr Henderson asked to be patient and “the best things take time”, any evidence to the contrary would have to have at least a little weight.

The reference was just in relation to existing users having to save up for a separate preamp and streamer! :crazy_face::+1:t2: