LP12 shootout at Cymbiosis

Looks amazing - what are the feet on the LP12?

1 Like

Great looking TT.

2 Likes

Looks nice.
I guess the metal sounds very different to the normal wood surrounds.
Never seen one before and like the fluted base.

1 Like

Lord of the rings ?:blush:
Is it for lp12 only. Maybe it will work on my phonosophie as well?
Looks definitely very nice - your lp12 is fantastic!

1 Like

It does anyone would be forgiven for thinking that going from timber to aluminium might mean a harder sound but the reverse is true.

2 Likes

It’s the feet on the Scorpion base plate Mark

3 Likes

Cable management at your system must be even more hell as in my system :joy:

1 Like

This combo definitely sounds more open and focused than my tricked up Solstice did ( good as that was). The noise floor is so very low now.
The SME was just somewhat bland in comparison.

3 Likes

You’ve no idea😂. Full rebuild is a four hour job.

2 Likes

Another happy Stiletto use here - they are very good.

1 Like

You are so pragmatic - mine takes 2 days :joy:

1 Like

Congratulations @Cohen1263. A simply stunning LP12. It and your system look wonderful. I’m sure you will have many happy hours ahead.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words Ian :+1:

My ND555 is great but it will never usurp top vinyl. Going six months without a turntable and now hearing this LP12 in my system reaffirms that view.

7 Likes

I received the message :joy:

2 Likes

Eklipse ?

This Stiletto gives a more modern look to the lp12., and very probably better isolation from vibrations.
Congrats !

2 Likes

Thanks Rooster and no the SME judgement wasn’t meant for you my friend. I have had an extensive listen to the Solstice and around three months with the SME 20 and neither match this deck even though it will improve over the next couple of weeks as it runs in.

3 Likes

Looks great. Visiting Peter tomorrow to start my LP12 journey at a somewhat lower level :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

That is really true! Currently my nd555 is ahead, but there is only a bit effort necessary to turn the page for my TT
And as I am a rare species who even owns a disc flattener (afi flat2), I should focus on vinyl soon. Lp12 would be great as well as Vertere. But I think yours has some cost… :joy:

2 Likes

Interesting - does it work? Been looking at the ORB.