Luxman

Totally agree. Fixing a unit that used to work is one thing. Fixing a unit that was faulty from day zero is entirely another. I’d want a unit that was perfect from the start too.

3 Likes

If you have doubts you are entitled to full refund but it could be something simple like loose wire or not grounded properly. Hopefully i will be sorted soon.

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

Many thanks for confirming and support. It’s one of the main reasons I absolutely love this forum, its members :blush:
Did you enjoy yours when spinning discs?

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

That’s good to know :+1:
I probably shouldn’t name them as I think only appropriate for privacy reasons.
I will say though they have been very supportive and quick to jump on it. So far it’s only a ‘can do attitude’ so no problems there at this time :smiley:

1 Like

Did you make a note of the serial number?
Whether “they” like it or not, you are entitled to a replacement or a full refund.

I would under no circumstances accept a repair on a faulty BNIB CD player costing such a lot.

2 Likes

@Chocky, nice system you have there by the way :+1:

1 Like

I did @BigAl, it’s fully noted! :wink:

2 Likes

I love the guitarist in Chocky’s avatar :hugs:
It’s a real bummer with your cd player, and one can’t help thinking why this fault wasn’t picked up before it left the factory?!
If it helps I’ve been there a few times myself over the years. Hopefully you’ll get a new one very quickly :+1:t3: Best Peter

3 Likes

Thanks @PeterR and I agree with you.
I’m a little ’down hearted’ if I’m honest but I’m not overly angry or ‘p***ed off’!
These things happen but I am expecting a fully resolved outcome, one way or another!

2 Likes

Thank you for insightful comment, much appreciated.

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

Look on the bright side @MrDom – once you get your new unit you can repeat the exercise and get us all excited again!

3 Likes

:joy: You lot are hard to please! :roll_eyes: :laughing:

1 Like

At least I’ve learned now.

First thing this time after unboxing is to plug in to mains and switch on. It better be silent :pray:

Then and only then will it go into the rack!

1 Like

I’d get the dealer to do that in the shop before potentially wasting my time.

Some insist on factory sealed. I’d be okay with a dealer giving it a once over.

5 Likes

Any update on your luxman ?

3 Likes

Hi, the dealer got back to me this afternoon.

After testing the unit, they reported a distortion with the Left channel so it’s going back to Luxman.

A brand new unit is on its way to me and should arrive in approximately two weeks.

Makes you wonder why the original unit has the fault it’s got. I can only assume it didn’t leave the factory in that way and happened during transit. :man_shrugging:

Here’s hoping :crossed_fingers: :pray: the replacement will be okay.

6 Likes

Well it is a very long chain of flights from Yokohama to your door. And I assure you, regardless of packaging, things are chucked a fair bit. I’d not be surprised if it left the factory perfect only for the pallet it was on to be roughed about for 22 hours.

1 Like