macOS Big Sur (11.0.1)

Thanks. I’ve seen that page. I don’t have an M1 processor mentioned for Camera Raw, on my Mac.

I use Lightroom and according to Adobe it seems compatible. Will upgrade over Christmas and see how it goes.

Please let me know. Look out if you have one of these: 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

May have solved it. I’m not using the latest versions of Photoshop. Updates are available…

Hopefully that will solve your problems… :+1:

There are also issues with Lightroom version 10.1 but not exclusive to Big Sur, something to do with monitor calibration I believe. I’ve had to regress to version 10.0 but runs fine on 11.1.

Tim

Pleased to report that I now have Camera Raw working with Big Sur. This is because I now have the latest version of PS. Easy really.

3 Likes

Thanks, looking at a new Naim streamer and have a MacBook Air on order

Had an update on Big Sur yesterday, it’s knocked out my anti-virus , which doesn’t want to reopen

the question is why use an anti-virus on macOS :thinking:
an anti-malware every month like malwarebytes

but so, for your question, there is some logs files ?

3 Likes

FWIW 11.2.2 is not causing problems for Bitdefender. Maybe your antivirus will provide a fix.

I uninstalled AVG and reinstalled it .

But thanks, will have a look at Bitdefender as AVG have proved ‘‘clunky’’ on other issues

Also using Bitdefender here, no issues after update

1 Like

Thanks , I bought a new MacBook a couple of weeks ago and it really hasn’t liked AVG, but it has an M1 chip and the Naim app works .

In 35 years of using Macs I have never used nor needed any antivirus software.

10 Likes

Bitdefender with macOS Big Sur here, and no problem.

1 Like

#meetoo :smile:

but a good anti-malware can be a good companion :wink:

I see it like Insurance. You probably dont need to in many cases, but when you, you are grateful. Bitdefender is also free!

but there aren’t virus on macOS, only malware.

Yeah, but there are definite downsides to using virus/malware monitoring software. I use my Mac for my software engineering work and virus/malware monitors are productivity killers when trying to build and test software. I don’t see it as any kind of insurance. For me it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

When I used Windows the worst virus I ever had was Norton Anti-virus itself. It brought my machine to it’s knees and hosed all my networking when it tried to proxy every port and failed to do it correctly. And where it did work, it killed performance. That’s the lest time I ever used anything like that on my own.

I have a Windows laptop provided by my client with McAfee installed in such a way I cannot configure it to ignore my software project directories where build artifacts are generated. It kills performance and has a big expense for lost developer velocity. Builds take many, many times longer than they should when McAfee checks every single build artifact, including temporary output. Ugh. I hate it. Very frustrating.

I’ve never had a virus or malware. Getting that is more often due to user error and bad judgement than anything. If I ever do get something I’ll just wipe my computer and restore what I need from backups and source repos.

2 Likes