MacOS Naim App

May I ask how or where you get the Mac version of Audirvana?

Sure, as I recall it was downloaded from their website as part of the free trial - give it a go!

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll take a look.

Yep … I used it in the distant past and it was quite successful. Struggling to remember the exact details, which I think came from a post written by ‘Debs’ ?

IIRC;

1. Linn Kazoo App installed on MacBook Pro and also OpenHomePlayer installed
  2. Bubble UPnP installed on QNAP NAS

All free of charge

Home that helps :grinning::smiley::smiley:

Having tried Audirvana on my MacBook, and it successfully plays UPnP music from my NAS to my SuperUniti. I like the convenience but, moments after I close the lid on my MacBook, playback stops.
I guess I’m looking for the Naim app for Mac which hopefully wouldn’t do that.
I mean, imagine if you were to lock your iPhone and the music stopped…

The music stops when you close your Mac because Audirvana is serving the files to the streamer. The iPhone app is just a remote control.

1 Like

I installed it and not really getting on with the interface. I have a dedicated iPad for the Naim/Kazoo apps that works fine for me.

Audirvana was written by Damien for a Mac and was a Mac only program until recently when he did a Windows port. The iOS app is the remote control. As you have found, you do not have to get Apps from Apple to run on a Mac as long as you accept associated security risks through security preferences.

I used to use Audirvana, but moved to JRiver Media Centre, which I prefer especially in metadata handling and it’s user interface. You can play music from JRiver to a UPnP compatible device so I expect it works the same way with Audirvana.

You might want to try JRiver MC, which you can download from the JRiver site. You get a month’s trial. You can control it from your iPad without an App using Safari and JRiver panel.

JRiver does not seamless integrate with Tidal and Qobuz as far as I know (I don’t use Internet for playing music so have not investigated this aspect).

Hope you find a solution

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.