Making way for 500DR

What Chord DAC do you have. Have heard many good things about them. Never owned one though.

2Qute. Naim have always paid special attention to timing, well, this dac times way easy, the Olive system responds tremendously good to it, even at lowest levels.

1 Like

Thanks ā€“ and if @Marq reads this, Iā€™m sure they may be interested in what you find and how you fix it, as they too have a bouncy floor.

2 Likes

Hi Dan
Glad to see you are already enjoying the 500dr.
Ampā€™s certainly donā€™t very long to warm up when your running them, just sit back and enjoy before you start thinking about whatā€™s next lol.
Honeymoon period is always jolly, hope it continues for a long time.

3 Likes

Yes, thanks. Am following with interest.

My next move is selling all the old kit! See what the difference was in making the jump. I am pleased I made the move. Thanks for your advice about going for a 500DR as I was blindsided by the other one we spoke about.

3 Likes

Just sit back an enjoy mate
Great deal you got, basically Ā£4000 cheaper than what i got when i sold my 500dr to a dealer not that long ago.

How did I miss this?

Congratulations Dan :tada:

Just read all the posts. Seems you like it then :rofl:

System has come an awful long way Dan. I bet it sounds sublime :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I really must stop reading this thread, otherwise I will succomb at the first NAP 500DR I see. I blame Danā€¦ :innocent:

6 Likes

Itā€™s a great thread and very good to see Danā€™s progression. Very safe for me, I love my 350s so am not tempted in any way. The 350s are stylish in their own way but the lovely size and style of the 500 is superb.

I will leave it to people like your good self to snap up the 500s as they become available :joy:

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly :grinning:

Enjoy @Dan_M ā€¦ very pleased for you

1 Like

Thanks guys the 350s are very nice. I have now gone down pretty much a complete original classics system. The 500DR head unit weighs 25kg and servicing the units is about Ā£1000 each. Itā€™s like having a Rolls Royce, costly to run and service.

Very pleased with the system. Sources are sounding great. CDS2 despatched to new owner today. 135s and XPS2 all boxed up awaiting sale!

Out with the old and in with the 500DR! Loving it.

9 Likes

Hi Dan , so no more CD player for you ?

1 Like

Itā€™s sold. Donā€™t need it. All my CDs are ripped on my Zoneripper NAS drive and have been for ages. The CDS2 is a lovely machine. I need to claw back money from 500DR and loads of other upgrades I have done over last year! I was planning on selling CDS2 when I upgraded my tonearm, cart and phonostage, tonearm cable and Trampolin 2 which cost me around Ā£5k.

Next up XPS2 and 135s.

2 Likes

Did you add a 552 as well? I canā€™t keep up with you :smile:

1 Like

No @Mike_S. Still have 52!

1 Like

552DR the key componentā€¦

2 Likes

He heā€¦.

1 Like

Of all the Naim amp components Iā€™ve owned the 552DR is hardest to let go hence why I still have one, the NAPs are easier to let goā€¦

3 Likes