Malcolm Steward R.I.P

Can it be found anywhere? Ive never read that before. Cheers

As posted earlier its on the AVOptions website, worth a read indeed

2 Likes

Sad indeed - he was also a man of impeccable musical tastes, we had some good chats at the Bristol Show about the best Grateful Dead tracks for evaluating equipment.

1 Like

Many thanks.

I remember reading Malcolm Steward’s review of the NAC52 in Audiophile and after reading it I dearly wanted to buy this pre-amp, but just couldn’t afford it. I ended up buying the NAC82 a couple of years later (which I still have). I always thought Malcom had a very entertaining writing style and I am saddened to read the news of his death.

1 Like

Extremely Sad News!
He was Legendary, as was his Knowledge there for all and sundry to accrue in his Reviews.
Condolences to his Family n Friends…A great Loss to the Industry indeed.

Same here, still got my 82. Serviced and up to date.

1 Like

Like you Neil, I remember drooling over Malcolm Steward’s review of the NAC52 in Audiophile. At £4500 it was more than I could afford but I vowed to own one at some point in the future. I eventually purchased my NAC52/Supercap in 2008 and I am enjoying it to this day. It will soon be going to Salisbury with my Olive NAP250 for a full service

5 Likes

It was with sadness I heard from Philippa that he’d passed away, and I realised I’d known them over 35 years when we used to meet up at the basement wine bar in Hanover Sq on Friday evenings. It has been a difficult few years since his terrible accident, particularly for Philippa who had to fight to get care for him.
His passion for HiFi was only matched by his passion for Grand Prix. RIP Malcolm.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.