Melco n1a2 vs unitserve / linear ps

I leave mine always on with screen always off in ‘dark mode’ - I like dark mode!
The HiFi is also always on - except when thunderstorms or I’m away for more than a few days.

DB.

1 Like

a person transferred my library from the serve on an hdd external drive. they are in Flac. But in this hdd , there are also photos.
If i transfer now from this hdd drive to my melco, will the melco import the photos files too, or only the musical files ?

If you copy the files complete in their folder - all at once - into the Melco folder then it will all be there.

So select the folders you want from the HDD that has them - then ‘paste’ them onto the location you want them to be accessed on the Melco and it will all be fine.

You can test it by copying just a music folder and content and checking.

You can also delete stuff later from the Melco you don’t want - it behaves just like a remote access drive on a network computer, because that is essentially what it is.

DB.

1 Like

thanks DB!

I thought you’d prefer darke mode.

Dark Mode was the first ‘option’ years ago my Dealer demonstrated to me when they first got Melco and liked what it did. It is a small effect similar to the light-off option on Naim boxes - you either hear it as a little extra HF smoothness or not - but in evening it is another display I don’t need to peripherally see.

DB.

1 Like

i finally got my unitserve cds rips on my melco. Vs the dbpoweramp rips by my dell xps 15 2010 pc ( not used cd drive inside since i bought it), the unitserve rips are a bit nicer and natural sounding.
So glad to have my unitserve rips again !

Overall, since 6 days run in, the melco n1a2 is better sounding than unitserve / linear ps. The sound is cleaner, a bit less grainy, more natural a bit too, with sometimes clearer details.
I would say the difference is like between a powerlite and powerline.

2 Likes

here the famous Miles Davis box set that couldn’t be ripped by Dbpoweramp or Exact Copy.
The unitserve could perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.