Merry Christmas 2023

I thought I would be really silly and start the Merry Christmas thread early :slight_smile: Pic is of one of my Caucasians, he is always been so stupid it hurts, but we love him dearly. He is on the Sohei water diet for dogs so we are really hoping he keeps going to 20 years old. He is 7 now & smells great. My family, including animals, and I, wish you all a Merry Christmas.

21 Likes

Yes, Merry Christmas to all.

G

14 Likes

Copied over from the ā€œShow us yer Christmas Tree / branch / twig / or whateverā€ topic.

When it comes to Christmas trees, Iā€™m clearly not a member of the ā€œLess is moreā€ brigade, so itā€™ll do no harm whatsoever to once again wish all our readers A Very Merry Christmas.

13 Likes
5 Likes

We are in Advent , so itā€™s highly appropriate that we wish each other a happy Christmas

This is the Ashampstead Nativity , wall paintings from the fourteenth century , if you look at the third scene , it shows the manager scene

12 Likes

IMG_2825

24 Likes

Seasonā€™s felicitationsā€¦ keep an eye out for the ā€˜oooh ahhhhā€™ bird that is known to visit at this time of year.

5 Likes

Merry Xmas one and all, enjoy your tunes etc.

7 Likes

28 Likes

Very clever!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to all of you, and wishing you all the best in the new year.
Dave

8 Likes

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Christmas. Itā€™d probably be nice for to spare a thought for those a little less fortunate than us.

And will those pricks in charge stop bombing people (everywhere), enough is enough.

16 Likes

Apparently, 20-30% of the people here are using the local food bank, food distribution. I give them money every year. You donā€™t have to go far to find people in need.
Any time I see a person hanging by a store or wherever, asking for help, I just walk over and give them a ten or a twenty. Who knows what mental, physical, emotional or health related issue is keeping them from doing what we just do naturally. I donā€™t care in the least what they spent it on.
If it was me, Iā€™d spend it on drugs or booze ā€¦ maybe some food ā€¦

6 Likes

Same here I read that the toy library has been Inundated this year and itā€™s the same with the food bank and other charities. Interest rates are starting to hit some hard that and a slowing economy doesnā€™t help.

5 Likes

Yeah, fer sure. A lot of people need assistance. And Iā€™m sure most of them hate being in that position, so I do what I can.
Merry Christmas, Pete, to you and the family.

3 Likes

Same too you.

3 Likes

Itā€™s really nice to have a Merry Christmas thread. Iā€™ve noticed that a lot of business emails have adopted woke-ism and cancelled Christmas and have some rather meaningless Happy Holidays message. Weirdly though, it only seems to be Christmas that is cancelled by these people, every other Tradition is referred to by itā€™s given name. Very odd. Merry Christmas!

11 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m sure we all know what you mean. I sometimes have to double-think what Iā€™m about to say, instead of just Merry Christmas!!
Anyway ā€¦ Merry Christmas to you and yours Mike, and all the best in the new year.

4 Likes

I have sent Merry Christmas cards to Hindu friends without any sense of irony or concern , they perfectly understand that this is the big festival .

This year , I am reflecting that many will find Christmas a period of heightened stress and worry , so I prefer the term Gentle Christmas hoping this is what they have.

And on that festive note, may I wish each and every user of this forum , our esteemed administrator and all the good folk at Naim a Gentle Christmas and a Healthy New Year

PS There is nothing wrong with the old Victorian greeting of ā€œCompliments of the seasonā€

9 Likes

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas with no religious/political motivation.
Have a wonderful period of joy and happiness and letā€™s hope a few nice gifts are under the tree for youšŸ˜Š

9 Likes