Meta data not found - uniti core

Hi,
I#ve got recent issues when saving a CD to the core.
Just now I tried to import a CD, and it wasn`t recognized, although th Cd is listed in music brainz (https://musicbrainz.org/release/4bbf184d-4db5-4e30-bce3-7b8ab0771d6a) and in Discogs.

Could any any other source be added to the Metadata Search on the IOS App (i.e. Discogs)?
Music Brainz is listed as source in tne Naim IOS App - why no match?

Is there any app for W11 available, currently I’m using the IOS Naim App.

Thanks - Martin

Has your Core fallen off the network?

You do get occasional CDs where the metadata isn’t found. You can easily add it with the metadata editor in the app.

There is no way to add another metadata source.

There isn’t a W11 app. Anyway metadata search is in the Core firmware, not in the Naim app.

Do you have the latest Core firmware? There was a fix for the MusicBrainz metadata not being used in that recent update.

But the main thing to try is turning the Core off, disconnecting it from the mains so it’s properly off, wait a half minute and then put the power back onto the Core which will restart. That may fix your problem.

2 Likes

It can’t be that because he can see that the Core hasn’t found metadata!

1 Like

Sorry, I meant lost internet access rather than fallen of the local network.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve got the latest update on the core … and Yep, I know the option too edit the metadata, was just wondering if there’s no other way … Thanks for your ideas!
Martin

I too have this problem—my Uniti Core cannot retrieve any metadata, no matter how mainstream the CD is. It had been disconnected for a few months; on startup the firmware was updated, without incident. Have done numerous cold boots, etc. Everything else works fine. Is everyone out there retrieving metadata normally? There have been some issues in the past, but never a complete shutdown like this.

Hi. Just tried Sgt. Pepper. No metadata or cover!
What is going on?

1 Like

Just purchased a few CDs this week and non of them have meta data on my core. There all very mainstream eg haim and two many DJs.
This seems to be a regular occurrence these days and am now starting to get them hump with it.

There does seem to be a problem currently. I strongly advise sending an email to Naim support so they know to look into it. support@naimaudio.com

David, I agree purchased a Linda Rondstat double CD last week no metadata found at all. This is the first CD purchase for several weeks so something has changed some where?

1 Like

How long have I been saying this……about the Core and metadata :thinking:
Maybe Naim should just copy the same system that Innuos use concerning the handling of metadata.

If its Linda Ronstadt “The Collection”, i also bought last week. Melco/Gracenote found the metadata………thats a lot of information to enter manually😥

Gazzaq, I bought 4 or 5 CDs in the last 6-12 weeks all have ripped without any metadata issues it was just the last Linda Rondstat that showed no metadata avalible rather strange.

It was the double album no problem editing via the Naim app on my Mac mini M1 using a 27inch 4K screen an absolute doddle.

I’ve had problems recently with current releases and have just emailed Naim support as you suggest.

I had problems with Core finding metadata before the most recent software update and more so after I installed the update. And now, when I make a change to a manually entered selection (i.e., a song title), that change overwrites the album title with the change.

Yes, I have experienced that recently. I have found that the Core metadata sources have become more unreliable recently. I emailed Naim support without much help in response. My most recent example has been Vols 2 and 3 of the Joni Mitchell Archives. Vol 2 ripped well with accurate metadata; Vol 3 ripped with no metadata. So I had to add all that by hand (5 CDs) and I noticed that as I typed in the track titles the overall CD title changed to the track title.
@Richard.Dane - Richard - could you please flag this with software support? - it seems to be a bug in the new software. It is frustrating that no-one ever responds here to various problems we have with the Core software and metadata.

2 Likes

Clive, the best way to raise an issue is via Naim support who then start the process.

OK, thanks, Richard - I have emailed them directly as well, for the second time. I was hoping that you might persuade someone to have a conversation here with the Core owners generally as the metadata issues seem common and are not related to domestic networks or other local issues.

The only person I know who might comment here when necessary is @Stevesky but I do know just how busy he is most of the time.

1 Like