More Power, Coming Soon

I’m a bit late to the party here but I think it’s a Bossa Nova

5 Likes

Very interesting - wasn’t expecting ClassD - 150 watts into 8Ω! I think it looks great. Text and image from the Naim site…

“The Nova PE offers all the features and sophistication that have won the Uniti series global acclaim, but now with more power. It condenses 150 watts (into 8Ω and 250W into 4Ω) of power thanks to the finest class D amplification technology into an exquisitely crafted, brushed aluminium box that delivers room-filling audio without compromising on the characteristic Naim sound.”

1 Like

The latest addition to the Uniti range, the Nova PE is Naim’s most powerful all-in-one player to date. To condense its 150W of power into the one-box brushed aluminium format, Naim’s experts swapped class AB electronics for a Class D amplifier. The Nova PE stands out from the other Uniti products with a punchier, expressive yet eloquent sound. Designed for lovers of large and particularly demanding loudspeakers, the Nova PE deliverson its promise of power while remining a compact and instinctive solution.

1 Like

What does it mean ‘Designed and Engineered in Britain’ ?

Designed and developed in Britain. Built somewhere else.

Pricing in this one?

1 Like

Made somewhere else

1 Like

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but what is the difference between design and engineer ?

Design is what you see and how the product looks (more to it but the short version). Engineered/developed is more software and hardware development. Engineering is electronics, mechanics and all such.

2 Likes

Lots of tapping of keyboards as everyone googles stuff.

1 Like

The jury is out and it’s a….

How much does it cost?

I wonder how long it will take before the outrage begins? I have to nip out now. Can’t wait to get back in an hour or two :blush:

I’ll have some more info up on here shortly. Just having my PSA test done…

4 Likes

Now all they need to do is release a CD player or Transport to match the Uniti products.

5 Likes

Guess where I’m going tomorrow. :grinning:

Good luck with the result.

1 Like

Me too, it’s obviously an age thing.

2 Likes

Thanks! And good luck to you both as well.

As there’s a new dedicated thread for the Nova Power it’s probably best i close this one now and provide a link to the new thread;