Morgana XLRs arriving

Yes, you need to be very careful with any cabling from the SNAXO as it’s easy to make it unstable with the wrong cable. It was designed around Naim’s DIN-XLR cabling, which is why if you run smaller amps active you shouldn’t use SNAICs, which can also cause instability, but rather Naim active leads instead (same cable as the DIN-XLR but with DINs at both ends).

2 Likes

Got it Richard.

1 Like

Hi I have the xlr into the 300dr and noticed an uplift in everything and love the bass n mids… I also use from stageline into hicap dr and again deep clear bass and improved sound very happy with it all an upgrade from standard cables… I also had them make up rca /rca for tt to stageline but not sure yet as capacitance is of I reckon but sounds good if I had more highs… N a little more mid… As it’s an mm cart… If it was an mc would b ok

My 300 Morgana mono pair is ordered. Hopefully, I’ll see it in a week or so

2 Likes

Had a good listening session today. Just enjoying the music and not analysing anything. Swapped back the Naim XLRs for treble and mid to see if I would miss the Morganas. Everything seemed to go a bit flat but I worried that I’d changed the volume or something else. Swapped the Morganas back in and the life has come back. Definitely keeping them, it’s a big improvement they are bringing. It’s a shame the bass cable has an incompatibility with the Snaxo but the difference on treble and mid is quite large. To sum up the change in word, clarity. There’s more of that feeling of the artist being in the room with you. Oddly enough the bass sounds better even though that is unchanged on the Naim XLR lead. Must be due to the interplay with the higher frequencies.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates, hopefully my signal cable should be here this week. It’s all sound very positive so far, I’m looking forward it!

1 Like

My replacement Morgana’s arrived today. The first set, which were the wrong length arrived bundled into a single box and were returned. The new pair came in their own individual boxes, which are rather nice together with an insert leaflet explaining the story of Morgana… a nice touch!

image|488x500 image

1 Like

My bass cable is boxed up and ready to ship back. After a discussion with the helpful folk at WH they are sending me a standard WH DIN/XLR to try and a replacement in the shape of a Morgana 4/5 DIN to try on the Superline/SC to 252.

1 Like

The shroud on this cable reminds me of the power lead on my mums iron. I was forever untangling it as it got twisted into knots. Don’t know why though. I never did the ironing then and still despise it now when I have to do it. Incidentally my wife does the same iron power cable twisting thing. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

What length did you get? I have mine on order and I went with 1.0m, same as the Naim version.

My box arrived yesterday, unfortunately with the wrong cable inside, so now on its way back. Hopefully I won’t have to wait too long for the correct one.

1.75 metres

1.25m, if my memory serves me correct.

OK. Do you have a special need for something that long? Just curious. I figured that if I get my 300PS and 300 separated on brain/brawn Fraim stacks, 1.0m is still a good length. They are both on one stack now and 1.0m is longer than necessary.

@Phil1 Oh no! That’s frustrating. Seems to be a bit too common of an issue. Let’s hope they can sort that out. On the plus side I assume that means they are busy which is encouraging for both the implied quality and/or effectiveness of the product and longevity of the company.

1 Like

Busy shouldn’t translate to production/shipping mistakes.

Last year I ordered two of the same cable, and only one arrived. They had to send out another, which they did right away. However, I’m in the U.S. so mistakes take longer to deal with. If I end up with wrong cables I have to send back, that becomes a greater nuisance, and more time.

1 Like

I agree. It should be a simple thing to address and can cost you business in the long run if it doesn’t get resolved. It’s a shame because they are always very helpful when you speak to them. I’ve not had any such issues myself to date BTW.

2 Likes

They were very apologetic and have put my order through as a priority, so fingers crossed it wont be too long to wait. They did seem busy when I contacted them which is always a good sign.

1 Like
4 Likes

I’ve ordered 3 cables from them over the past year, each time the cable arrived as per order. My experience was good.

2 Likes