Moto g8 can't find rooms

Hi, my Motorola g8 plus will not find rooms on the main app. I have two muso devices, which work fine on other phones so I guess it’s something in the settings. If anyone has any ideas, I’d be delighted to hear them. Many thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @drews . There is a on own problem with BT hubs with communication between devices across the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands

See below link

Apologies if it doesn’t work, I am not very used to this forum on the phone!

1 Like

I have a Moto G8 Power and no problem whatsoever. It is extremely unlikely that any setting on the phone would mess with the network connectivity in such a way that it would not find the rooms. Did you ensure that you have wi-fi enabled on the Moto, and it is connected to the same wi-fi network as the Mu-sos are?

2 Likes

Hi, I think you probably have identified the problem - I do have a BT hub. Will try your solution. Thanks so much for your answer!

Hi, thanks for this. I think the problem is probably with the bt hub that kaypeejay identified, I just haven’t had the chance to check it yet. Good to know that it’s probably not the phone settings!

2 Likes

My Hub updated today to version v0.26.04.04227-BT which has fixed the issue. I can now turn the 5Ghz band back on. Well, it’s worked for 10 mins so far anyway. I didn’t ask for the update so they must be pushing the update to everyone now.

And now it’s unfixed itself. Oh joy.

I’ve been doing what you said - disabled 5gz - and it’s worked perfectly since then. Thanks for the tip, though it would be great if BT could sort out the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.