Mu-so & Mu-so Qb 1st Gen - Firmware 2.0.0 update - problem

No luck here.
Tried several times with my Qb both wired and using WiFi. Leaving it going until after tonight’s Champions League match, but I suspect it won’t work as my Qb doesn’t seem to be doing anything at all, no flashing or whirring lights.
The sequence of events is I get advised that there is an update, I continue to it and hit the Download Update icon and it just goes back to the Rooms screen with the update icon showing.
Perhaps it could be my phone’s anti virus which is blocking the download. Will try to disable tomorrow if it’s not worked.

@WeekendWarrior

Yes, I guess any kind of blocker could be an issue!

And to recap the essentials:

• Phone/tablet needs to be running at least version 2.22 (Android) or 5.22 (Apple iOS).
  • Mu-so and phone/tablet need to be on the same network - wi-fi should be fine, though directly ethernet connected gives greatest stability
  • Keep the App open throughout the whole update process
  • Be patient - update will take up to 30 mins

Yes mine took thirty minutes (via wifi) and seemed to get stuck for some time (in phase 2 of visuals as listed above). I think the advice on the app could be more detailed, including warning that it could be up to 30 mins rather than 15. And from my experience, once the update had been downloaded onto the Qb it wasn’t necessary to keep the app open (depending on quite what that means).

First time post. Hello all!

My “legacy” Mu-so updated fine this evening but the Qb got stuck exactly as osprey’s. Powered down and back up, checked for updates and was pleased to see it said Firmware v2.0, seemingly without any further action required.

Can happily continue listening while working from home tomorrow!

Thought I’d add as a further reference point.

2 Likes

Thanks, and welcome to the Forum!

Hi Mu-So 1st Gen having problems here this is my 3rd attempt - left an hour each time.
Had one ending like the picture at the top of this thread and two where all the lights are lit.
Any suggestions - not getting the feel that waiting longer is going to be the answer here
steve

I believe that is correct. Once the update has been downloaded, transferred to the muso or Qb and the updating has started, the muso/Qb is off the network and has no way of knowing whether the app is open, closed or has gone to the pub!

The problem comes when people click on update, see the downloading is under way and either just put the phone down or navigate away from the app, maybe to check the forum.

Best

David

Hello and welcome to the Forums.

Can I check you’ve followed all the below?

• Phone/tablet needs to be running at least version 2.22 (Android) or 5.22 (Apple iOS).
  • Mu-so and phone/tablet need to be on the same network - wi-fi should be fine, though directly ethernet connected gives greatest stability
  • Keep the App open throughout the whole update process
  • Be patient - update will take up to 30 mins

Hi Clare

iPad (old) is running 10.3.3
Yep on same wifi
App has been open the entire time but in the rooms list page, so now trying keeping on the Firmware Update page
Patience is my middle name …

Steve

I think the Naim app has to e at least version 5.22 so not the ios version!

1 Like

Nice summary, perhaps NAIM should include this visual description in the update notes ? @Naim.Marketing

Hi Steve,
And there is the issue - the update requires you to be running the latest version of the App (iOS 5.22; Android 2.2)
That needs you to be running at least iOS 12.

1 Like

We wouldn’t want anyone to think they have to watch while updating. I updated my Qb from another room! The App is your friend.

Ah ok so how do I break out of this cycle as I started from the ipad - I have a PC sitting on the LAN and an Android phone, so can I just download the naim app on either of those to take over ?

Go with Android (assuming that is reasonably up to date). I would suggest you power cycle your Mu-so (unplug, leave for 10 seconds or so, plug back in) before you restart the process.

I’ll second the importance of having iOS version 5.22 of the Naim app. I had version 5.21, which did the firmware update without problem but then would not play anything, neither Tidal nor from the server. All is well after updating to 5.22

2 Likes

Ha - yes the phone is current, next you are going to say Win 3.11 on my PC is not up to spec either!

2 Likes

There isn’t a Windows version of the Naim app, so you can safely keep your Windows 3.11!

2 Likes

That is why all the update notes - in the App; here and in the email communications to retailers and consumers - stress that you should be running latest version (.22) of App for all updates to be fully implemented.

So… are you running a tech museum? :wink: