Munich show 2024

thanks for updates

2 Likes

thanks once again Bert!

1 Like

Thanks @BertBird, so interesting to read your thoughts. The Munich show has been something I’ve wanted to visit for a few years now, but a little less so after reading your reports this year. I’m getting the impression that the price of the equipment is increasing by orders of magnitude, but the sound quality, not so much. Is that a fair overall statement based on your visits over the last few years?

3 Likes

Written by a twelve years old Benjamin Britten!

Thanks Bert, great work and interesting report.:+1:

4 Likes

Thnx Bert, always enjoy your report and some of your music finds. Have to admit that the cost of admission to some of these systems seems to have reached a $$ amount that should at least launch a space shuttle.

1 Like

@benjy i share you concerns regarding price of entry for a complete Naim system. What do those starting out, do who want to support a Naim dealer and might not want a one box solution.

1 Like

Wonderful report, Bert. A peek at the world’s best kit and so much music to explore. You are a legend!

3 Likes

May I ask what are those amps used to drive the Marten?

Halcro

1 Like

Many thanks for your reports, Bert - very interesting to see the equipment and have your comments.

1 Like

Nagra / Stenheim Small System

Stevie Ray Vaughan - great sound, impressive dynamics, real engaging sound…, like the small system more as the big nagra/ Stenheim as it’s much more engaging.
Winterplay - also very engaging playing, would like to stay here a bit longer but still wanting to see some others…

6 Likes

Just passed by another time the Aries Cerat setup, but just overkill, not my kind of system….

2 Likes

Go @BertBird, go!!!

2 Likes

CH Precision / Wilson Audio Part 1

Yamamoto Trio - very nice rendition of the high piano notes on the recording, amazing overtones all on Vinyl on the airforce one
Elvis Presley from 1957, also great rendition…

They now will demo the 10 series DAC with a separate power supply they also can add another powersupply

1 Like

CH precision / Wilson Audio Part 2

They first play Karl Bohm over their C1.2 and then over the DAC10 - it feels much more airy and lively over the DAC 10
Etta James - could have a bit more soul, in my view not raw enough
Yello - Heidi song again sounds nice

4 Likes

Avant-Garde Audio

They played the small speaker I belief called the collibri which I already heard a year before.
Phil John Lee - impressive for such a small speaker
Dave Bailey Sextet - a nice party machine….

3 Likes

Grimm Audio
minco eggersman - a difficult one to sound good, but it actual does. They also played a second one of the same album…, would have to listen more different music…., while in the past I had my reservations with Grimm Audio….

A bad thing, Backes & Muller they already had closed down half an hour before the end, would have liked to hear them again, as they have an interesting offering.

4 Likes

YG acoustics

Marcin - not so much my music, but sounds good
Didn’t make notes on Duke, but must have been ok
Jon Batiste - also sounds quite nice….

Too less time to really evaluate

2 Likes

Bert,
You are really very kind and generous to share such a comprehensive summary of the show with the rest of us. Thank you.

Best regards, BF

4 Likes