Munich show 2024

Interesting.
A long time ago I got to listen to WB Bishop with all NBS cabling in Japan ( Osaka Hifi show ) and thought they sounded marvelous!

2 Likes

Thanks BetBird: that song form Oscar and the Wolf is pretty good!

1 Like

High end, high art, high price, high industrial design and all they could come up with is an office copier? :rofl:

8 Likes

I see a lot of brands on lists for the November Tokyo show that don’t exist here. I assume the shows are as much about looking for new dealers and distributors as they are about titillating end consumers.

Many thanks Bert. Is there more to come?

Yes was quite busy this week, but will publish more tomorrow…

8 Likes

As before please respond to me otherwise I can’t complete the show report

Kharma Part 1

The Frank Sinatra piece was difficult to listen to as like all years before the annoying Dutch Salesman of Kharma is talking so much with other Dutch people and the music was not that loud, which seemed to be a policy at more stands….
For Ry X - Good sound, good control and fast, but I am missing a bit the emotion….

5 Likes

Kharma Part 2

For the Tingvall Trio I have the feeling that I have heard it with more prat and grip already, most probably in my own four walls as I have the albums of the Tingvall Trio
Don’t get me wrong it’s clean, nothing is missing, but I would like to have a bit more edge and grip. Have the feeling that the electronics are limiting what the speakers can do. I still remember last year when they played complex percussion pieces which sounded quite well…
On the Humingbird song from the trio the upper end of the piano sound is well represented.

6 Likes

Purist Audio Design Part 1

Amin Tobin - the system deals well with the distorted sounds etc, very much in the face sound.

5 Likes

Purist Audio Design Part 2

John Martyn - engages a bit more than what I have heard before. But bass sounds a bit odd. Overall it sounds a bit edgy, but I like it more than the super clean sound which you hear at other rooms.
Johnny Cash - very much in the face sound
The last one on tape Yello doesn’t impress me so much….

6 Likes

Please start responding as I will run out of posts…

Trilogy Audio

Fink - it’s annoying that they have the door fully open, meaning we get disturbed by other rooms… this song is becoming a favorite at audio shows nowadays. For this system I miss the slam which i like to hear with this song. Also a bit of smearing bass to be heard.
Weird that they also play the Pink Panther, but also missing the slam and scale - not impressed by the system….

7 Likes

Albedo

Both the musical choices are safe for this kind of speaker. Both are not difficult to be any system. I wasn’t impressed and left quickly….

5 Likes

Audiovector R8 well spotted :+1:

Thank you for the report BertBird. Keep on reporting.

1 Like

Kalista

Might Mo Rodgers - missing a bit body in the sound
Avishai Cohen - missing a bit the prat. You need to hear the bass more in its full audible spectrum from thin and percussive to fat and slamming. This is too polite and missing the drive…

6 Likes

Thanks for the continued feedback report and reminders of the different rooms and setups and … amazing to also realise how many I’ve managed to miss.

Then again I did spend a good deal of time looking at vinyl on the ground floor!

Some rooms were also better at making one feel comfortable and cosy such as e.g. this one (Advance Paris) - was not so much hifi as some good vibe about the looks and the sound of it.

8 Likes

Aurender Part 1

James Taylor, what I hear is not so special, so it doesn’t give me a lot to evaluate the system on…

3 Likes

Aurender Part 2

Again a beginner mistake. They have just a dressed up Aurender device and pretend than to be able to play serious hifi. It’s a pity to undersell like this. And what I also find strange the ones with big systems very often avoid more difficult things like classical piano etc, while they could afford it. And the smaller systems very often are challenged with music which is not well positioning the quality of what they have on offer. …

This is by the way a generic rant and not so much only related to Aurender…

Avishai Cohen - bad choice this song needs to slam, drive and live…. The system is not possible to show the qualities of the song. Bass sounds too thin.
Corine Bailey Rose - again too thin bass sound. Sound is direct, but missing a bit the overtones etc….

6 Likes

Atohm

Mighty Sam - wow nice full sound for those small speakers. Would not have expected that type of sound of such small speakers. Also the bass is unbelievable from those speakers.
Afterwards I heard an instrumental blues song which also sounded good, but my Shazam couldn’t find it….

10 Likes

Jorma Part 1

Bela Fleck - nice full sound from the system, can it also get raw and rough that system ?

7 Likes