Music On Special Offer

Thanks for the HRA Sale On tip, I’ve replaced a few old CD rips e.g. Eagles “One Of Those Nights” FLAC 192

2 Likes

Qobuz are doing an offer on Stevie Wonder’s catalogue to celebrate his 70th birthday.

The prices were pretty jacked up to start with so I suppose it’s a special offer in the technical sense.

1 Like

The weekly offer off Cuneform Records for 5

Presto Classical currently has many DG and Decca classical boxed sets with as much as 50% discount. Well worth a look as lots of excellent bargains on recommended recordings.

1 Like

A quick heads ups for vinyl spinning jazz fans on here; W H Smiths are currently selling the 2014 Atlantic John Coltrane Giant Steps LP reissue for just £5.99. This is pressed by Optimal and according to comments on Discogs, should be a good 'un.

4 Likes

Cheers Richard - just ordered.

1 Like

Bleep have a sale on Warp releases:

"For a limited time we are offering 10% off Vinyl, 20% off CD, and 30% off Digital. Or get x10 digital releases at any quality for £30/€35/$35. To receive 10 release discount, enter code WARPHOMELISTENING at the checkout.

Eligible for any in-print Warp Records release 1989-2019.

*Any purchase from this promotion will automatically enter you into a competition to win a pair of Nuraphone headphones. Winner will be announced 1st July 2020 . "

2 Likes

I didn’t even know WH Smith were selling vinyl, so worth posting for that alone.
(Takes me back to the old days when you could buy lp’s in WH Smith …)

5 Likes

… and Woolworths and Boots.

2 Likes

…and of course not forgetting, John Menzies.

My town didn’t have one. I heard they were good.

Curtis Mayfield, Keep On Keeping On boxset available for £48 (vinyl) and £17 (CD) on big river.

4 Likes

The vinyl is a crazy bargain at that price. A superb set, nicely pressed and presented.

Indeed it is, as is the CD price. I’ve been thinking of getting this vinyl boxset for a while. I’ve got the CD boxset, but I’ve been getting back into vinyl recently and I’d read all the favourable comments about the vinyl boxset on this forum. So, at that price I thought it was well worth ordering.

1 Like

Rough Trade have a deal on their (CD & vinyl) Box Sets at the moment.

1 Like

I notice Blue Note have a 20% sale on, not sure how good that is but may be worth checking out

1 Like

The UK River has Deep Purple Live In Paris 1975 for £11.95 at the moment. That’s pretty good for a triple LP that gets good reviews on the Hoffman forum.

3 Likes

Get all 10 Courtney Barnett releases for just AUD66.60 on Bandcamp. (From memory I believe some tracks are 24 bit as well. )

Also all day tomorrow Friday, June 5th, midnight to midnight PST (add 8 hours for the UK, 9 hours for CET), Bandcamp are once again waiving their fees meaning 100% of the money is going to the artist.

1 Like

Warning: Received the Curtis Mayfield box set from the big river and the first self-titled album was badly warped. Ordered a replacement and this arrived today and the same album is even worse than the first one. It’s almost warped enough to form a bowl!

They’re going back for a refund and I’ll order it from a better supplier.

Oh no, what a shame! I bought my box set from Amazon in February of last year and it was perfect.