Music On Special Offer

And me. Cheers.

Me too!

Another one on 7 digital. Frank Black and the Catholics - The Complete Recordings, 132 tracks for £6.99.
I amended metadata to make individual albums, which took some doing! The alphabetical running order for the whole download works quite well though.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up in this one - I’ve been meaning to get more Frank Black for a while.

This is going to be a bit of a challenge! For those not in the know (me, previously), many of these albums’ track listings are in alphabetical order, and as Toe points out, this collection of 132 is also ordered alphabetically! Lots and lots of metadata to edit to split it out to individual albums.

@Toe you might need to help me with splitting the tracks out. I’ve split into 8 albums so far but still have 33 tracks that I don’t know where to put!

I guess that’s 7 albums and the complete recordings of 132 tracks?
Where there are different versions of the same track, I have put the correct one in the relevant album.
To find out which one to put in, I looked at the track length and maybe had a listen on Amazon or something. So, I have ended up with seven albums plus 132 track complete recordings and one named Complete Recordings (Rest of) comprised of the spare 47 tracks.
Dead easy, eh?

I got eight albums out. Have a look at http://www.frankblack.net/ under the Discopedia menu option. I got Frank Black and the Catholics, Pistolero, Dog In The Sand, Black Letter Days, Devils Workshop, Show Me Your Tears (all listed under Albums), Snake Oil (under Compilations) and Sunday Sunny Mill Valley Groove Day (under Unofficial). The news item release for the Complete Works (http://www.frankblack.net/news/#722) talks about True Blue as a disc of technical demos. I’ll have to see if there’s a track list somewhere. There’s also a video of FB talking about this new release.

Edit: https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Black-And-The-Catholics-The-Complete-Recordings/release/7006807
Contains all 80 tracks from the bands 6 studio albums and 40 non-album tracks (16 unreleased) remastered and in alphabetical order plus True Blue, ‘an album of alternate versions of songs from Black Letter Days’.
Looks like the last 12 tracks in the Complete Recordings are ‘True Blue’.

1 Like

Anybody mentioned “Santana: The Complete Columbia Recording” on Juno Downloads? 16 albums for 13 quid.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks, just purchased.

Juno are also doing Weather Report “The Jaco Years”. 64 tracks for about the same price.

welcome Toe.
yes that is always a bit of a drag with those compilation albums.
I also prefers having everything in original album order.

Hi, has anyone compared this to their Santana originals or the hi-res versions available. To my ears it sounds worse than any other versions i own. Pity, as it’s a nice compilation to have.

Just quickly compared tracks from first 4 albums - both flac, detected no difference whatsoever! Can’t comment on hi-res as don’t own any, but that perhaps isn’t surprising?

The Juno flac 16/44.1 downloads sound fine here, no difference to the two original cd’s that I have. Just took a bit of editing to get the metadata correct and into the correct album format. A steal at £12.49.

Yes a bit of work to get all the album titles corrected but a great bargain as I didn’t have half of the 16 albums. Thanks to folk on this thread for the tip. Now maybe I should go and investigate the Weather Report…

All 10 Weather Report albums are available on Amazon for less than £25 (2 boxed sets of 5 CDs, Original Album Classics sets). Easy ripping, and little or no metadata sorting.
Just a thought!

Thanks for the thought, a good one but sadly saw it too late. Shame that the two collections are not themed into with Jaco and without Jaco as then I could have just topped up. I will still enjoy what I have though.

1 Like

Qobuz have a special offer on Channel Classics, including loads of albums by the wonderful Rachel Podger. You can get 192k albums for less than a tenner.

2 Likes

Highresaudio(.com) have 20% sale - enter code HIGHEND at checkout. From 13th-17th May.

George.

1 Like