Music On Special Offer

Yeah,saw that too. No catch. Just downloaded Joan Baez. 46 tracks in wav. €0.00. :grin:
Get it while it is still there.

I have a lot of the material on original albums, a grabbed Johnny Cash & Oscar Peterson.
My previous Johnny Cash is a hotchpotch collection of MP3’s, this one is 46 tracks of all his famous stuff plus more. The only disappointment is it doesn’t include A Boy Named Sue. But I will work on blagging a FLAC track & paste it in

Must be a UK or EU promotion as not seeing it here in the US.

I think BD Music is a ‘bootleg’ label. Essentially one of those European copyright circumvention labels that can copy digital files and sell them in Europe without paying royalties.

I could be wrong but Qobuz has quite a few of these labels. I picked up pretty much the whole of the Charles Mingus catalogue for a few quid via these labels compared with the hundreds I would have spent via the legitimate Atlantic label.

Don’t know, surely Qobuz would kill their major suppliers if thet offered bootleg items?

2 Likes

They’re not “bootleg”, but out of copyright I believe. so public domain.

2 Likes

This may not be good news:

Anyone spotted any gems in the current Qobuz sale?

Have you got a link?

2 Likes

Just buy everything on the Pias, MPS, Winter & Winter and Topic labels.

@BertBird and myself have spent more time over the years than we should have wading through this annual supply of treacle.

1 Like

Yes indeed, I will again add some stuff, but it has become more difficult to get gems in it - while the price of some music is really great…

2 Likes

Any Guns & Roses fans out there? Appetite for Destruction super deluxe edition available on the River for about £45.

Cat Steven’s Tea for the Tillerman and Mona Bone Jakon both on the river for £70.15.

I have found many bargains at HMV. the staff have always been friendly.

Have purchased less and less with their big sale in recent years as it is so tedious to navigate.

3 Likes

The sale usually has items that you do not want.

Or ones you’ve already purchased!

I’m sure there’s a treasure trove of stuff from niche labels, it’s just knowing what you’d enjoy within those sections - I guess stream first and then buy if you like it!

i used to go to my record shop in Manchester twice a week to see what has come in.
but even so an item can be on display and it is sold in 5 minutes. so one can still miss it.

The 15 CD Be Bop Deluxe Live in the Air Age - Deluxe Edition - CDs retailing at £89.99

On Qobuz 16 Bit for £6.49 - for 15 CDs - similar set lists but for this price…

Note @porkyg

5 Likes