Music On Special Offer

Not on offer but a nice LP and bargain!

[ VINYL ] Amazon uk price has dropped back to £8.99

…and you don’t have to be in Prime to buy it : )

Superb album from the much underrated Mr H!

Chris

@ChrisG - Agree it’s a fine album. :+1:

These kind of box set are nice if you want an overview, but if you Deep dive in certain artists or Orchesters you will notice that you get to quite some doubles…

Always go back to Juno Download for box sets just to check out the prices and playing some Eric Clapton last night (the superb 461 Ocean Boulevard) I decided to check the Give Me Strength box set which includes the extended EC Was Here set - but no luck.

However I did see the complete Delaney & Bonnie on Tour with Eric Clapton - 52 tracks for £12.49 Wow!!!

Very impressive one microphone recording. Completely phase coherent, so ideal speaker placement material. Blows away all other one point stereo recordings.

The album is on special offer these days;
https://www.soundliaison.com/

The new Amanda Palmer album ‘There Will Be No Intermission’ is $1 (£0.77 + VAT) on Bandcamp or if you feel that is too cheap it is £7.99 on Qobuz

Jesus…won’t Qobuz get upset? Interesting album.

On the other hand looking around on the BandCamp site one can find the Carmen Gomes download mentioned above for only €8, that is half the price of the cheapest Sound Liaison download version. And she sell the CD version for €10.
https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/album/dont-you-cry

As pointed out before (correct me if I am wrong), one can only find out the details once purchased - in other words I believe it is 16/44 for £8 from Bandcamp, Sound Liaison is 96kHz £15 & 192kHz £20

Yes, Bandcamp is rather odd. I have just investigated the site, which says “Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more”, but it’s not clear what you’re actually buying in terms of bit rate or sampling frequency. Funnily enough, until yesterday it was possible to enjoy a €5 discount on the Soundliaison site for every format, making the FLAC 96kHz version just €10.

Reduction on ECM at Qobuz…

Not quite music, but if anyone’s looking to pick up a Muso in the U.K., the retailer who’s never knowingly undersold has £100 off what looks like the champagne edition.

Vinyl only a tenner on the river. :sunglasses:

And only £2.72 on CD!!

Dan

Thanks, I took a chance on this and it’s a great album. So good I ended up buying the CD as well.

Beth Gibbons’ Gorecki 3, out tomorrow, looks a conspicuously good deal at £9.59 for 24/96 from Qobuz.

Feenbrothers - Play Dave Brubeck

Brubeck classics, tight 4 piece, sax, piano, bass, drums, excellent easy listening.
Live audience on a one mic recording
Original recording format DXD 352kHz

Various format’s & resolutions of PCM (WAV) FLAC & DSD
I have the DSD64 download, special offer @ €10

Norman Records have a 35% off sale until 9am 25th March

@motelblues

Looks like the Beth Gibbons album got pushed back until next week?