Music On Special Offer

Very impressive one microphone recording. Completely phase coherent, so ideal speaker placement material. Blows away all other one point stereo recordings.

The album is on special offer these days;
https://www.soundliaison.com/

The new Amanda Palmer album ‘There Will Be No Intermission’ is $1 (£0.77 + VAT) on Bandcamp or if you feel that is too cheap it is £7.99 on Qobuz

3 Likes

Jesus…won’t Qobuz get upset? Interesting album.

1 Like

On the other hand looking around on the BandCamp site one can find the Carmen Gomes download mentioned above for only €8, that is half the price of the cheapest Sound Liaison download version. And she sell the CD version for €10.
https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/album/dont-you-cry

As pointed out before (correct me if I am wrong), one can only find out the details once purchased - in other words I believe it is 16/44 for £8 from Bandcamp, Sound Liaison is 96kHz £15 & 192kHz £20

Yes, Bandcamp is rather odd. I have just investigated the site, which says “Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more”, but it’s not clear what you’re actually buying in terms of bit rate or sampling frequency. Funnily enough, until yesterday it was possible to enjoy a €5 discount on the Soundliaison site for every format, making the FLAC 96kHz version just €10.

1 Like

Reduction on ECM at Qobuz…

3 Likes

Not quite music, but if anyone’s looking to pick up a Muso in the U.K., the retailer who’s never knowingly undersold has £100 off what looks like the champagne edition.

2 Likes

And only £2.72 on CD!!

Dan

Thanks, I took a chance on this and it’s a great album. So good I ended up buying the CD as well.

1 Like

Beth Gibbons’ Gorecki 3, out tomorrow, looks a conspicuously good deal at £9.59 for 24/96 from Qobuz.

4 Likes

Feenbrothers - Play Dave Brubeck

Brubeck classics, tight 4 piece, sax, piano, bass, drums, excellent easy listening.
Live audience on a one mic recording
Original recording format DXD 352kHz

Various format’s & resolutions of PCM (WAV) FLAC & DSD
I have the DSD64 download, special offer @ €10

2 Likes

Norman Records have a 35% off sale until 9am 25th March

@motelblues

Looks like the Beth Gibbons album got pushed back until next week?

Tracey Thorn: Record, on red translucent vinyl, currently on offer at Amazon for £11.99.

SL1200

Amazon are still listing the CD as released but with a 1-2 month delivery time…and for more than the 24/96 from Qobuz.

I read yesterday that it was recorded in 2014,so another week is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

I just said on another thread that I find this recording absolutely fantastic. It probably has to do with the complete phase coherency they are talking about in the liner notes;https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/453-new-the-feen-brothers-one-mic-recording

BlockquoteOn this recording the audience is rather more present than on our other live recordings from Studio 2. We prefer not to have more than 80 people present in the studio.
That number leaves us room to move around, change a cable or a microphone if needed, reposition the musicians if needed and so forth.
But as fate would have it, the computer system keeping count of the tickets sold for the concert, had some kind of a breakdown so instead of 80 tickets, 110 were sold.
Extra seats were brought in, so the audience ended up being very close to the band, creating a very lively atmosphere.
And as Frans noticed during the extended applause following the end of the concert; “Look at the phase meter, it’s practically straight in the middle, a phase coherent applaus!”.

Blockquote

Not sure if this is an offer or a mistake, but the 24/48 download of Unkle’s new record is available on 7Digital for £7.49

https://www.7digital.com/artist/unkle/release/the-road-part-ii-lost-highway-8920283?f=20%2C19%2C12%2C16%2C17%2C9%2C2

24 hours left on the Witmer Trio deal, marvelous download, link ; Witmer Trio’’ Free’’

First Aid Kit - Ruins on vinyl for £12 at What Records