Music On Special Offer

It’s a great album, that’s a bargain.

1 Like

Yes indeed, I should have posted a bit (a lot) more.
If you like JJ Cale, you will love this one; it really is something special, 101% through & through classic JJ Cale.
The easy, laid back, rolling on down the road, american country bluesy folk rhythms & his Clapton-Knopfler’esk guitar, pure joy. And considering these gems of tracks were recorded goodness knows when & didn’t get used with other albums, it’s hard to believe.
This one might see a a lot of late night plays with me & Mr Daniel’s.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Mike-B, downloading as I type.
Great album, had a listen a few days ago and I agree 100% with everything you said, this will get played on a regular basis.

Edward

1 Like

Thanks for this it was on my list but the Hi-Res special offer from Qobuz is outstanding - sound quality is amazing.

Troubadour remains one of my favourite albums.

1 Like

Wow…that’s a great album, ticking the boxes on a first streaming listening, I remember seeing it on Qobuz a few weeks ago.

Just ordered the 4 LP vinyl for just under £14 (more expected).

1 Like

Cheap, used on CD too.

There’s a special offer on Qobuz at the moment for selected Motown titles from Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Four Tops etc.

It doesn’t seem to be very well promoted on the UK site although is emblazoned on the front page of the Spanish one.

I just picked up a cracking 24/192 download of Four Tops ‘Reach Out’ for £7.99 from the UK site (it was €11.49 on the Spanish site). Always worth checking the different countries’ sites. There can be significant differences between even the French and Spanish sites and the UK one.

I don’t understand these huge differences sometimes. Especially the UK prices seem to be sometimes very low. I can’t get however at UK prices as I live in Germany…

I originally set up a French account when it was the only option from the UK. I then set up a UK account when they became available from the UK. I’ve recently set up a Spanish account from Spain. I can access all three accounts from Spain and a Spanish IP address. It doesn’t seem to mind. The other accounts were set up a while back so it may have changed since then but I can still access them.

UK prices are not always the cheapest though. Sometimes French, sometimes Spanish. It varies album by album.

I can still access the French site, but when it comes to payment they now check which country the card is registered in, so if not France nothing happens. Same with PayPal

1 Like

Yeah I had French and German and can only check out on German prices now…

Vinyl [ LP ] £5.49 + £1.26 postage from momox co [ via Amazon uk ]

2 Likes

Looks like it’s already sold out at that price, maybe they only had one copy (?)

Own up who bought it? :grinning:

1 Like

I’m not buying cheap vinyl when you can buy the download for errr! £14.49 on Qobuz.

1 Like

Or £12.90 in 24/96 from HighResAudio with two extra tracks.

@anon56864344
Last Harbour - Caul is very good I have it on CD and another of their albums Volvo.

1 Like

Right, that’ll teach me!

My normal Amazon locker was unavailable so I went for a ‘Doddle’ pickup instead at the same store.

Went to pick it up today but the barcode in the email was not recognised by the Doddle system, I was told to call Amazon which I did but they couldn’t resolve the issue which seems crazy. I was offered another delivery but only to the same Doddle location but I declined given this experience. I was offered a refund but I’d ordered the last copy I think at the time and the price had now rocketed to £38. Thanfully Amazon gave me a credit for the difference to allow me to order to the Locker location which always works well.

Glad it worked out okay for you in the end, the vinyl set is well worth having.
IMO is was underpriced for quite a lot while : )

1 Like

Hopefully so, it was infuriating almost having the album in my hands only to be told the barcode was invalid. Amazon always do pretty well sorting things out when theer are issues from a pricing viewpoint, but I’m baffled why they couldn’t resolve the barcode issue, perhaps by simply sending another collection email.