Music On Special Offer

Got the cd version still in wrapper and free delivery from EBAY for £2.99. Thanks for bringing her music to my attention Debs👌

1 Like

See NAP 300 fan thread in Hi-Fi Corner.

1 Like

Not a special offer but a good deal I reckon. Amazon UK have the 1963 Karajan Beethoven Symphonies 1-9 on one Blu-Ray audio disc for £19.25. I bought one and it turned up today and I am playing it now. It comes in a nice book package the size of a normal CD case. Its the blu ray audio only (no CDs) but you get all 9 symphonies and a legendary recording for a good price.

1 Like

Or rip the disc and have HiDef files for streaming.

On HighResAudio, FLAC 96, today at £15.10, a real bargain!
85gejt-beethovenc-preview-m3_350x350

2 Likes

Kate Bush cd box sets now £ 33 for the first box and £ 49 for the second on Amazon, also a good deal
to be had from HMV as well but slightly dearer.

James Taylor the Warner years 70-76. Just over £18 on the river for the 6 cd,s

2 Likes

Thanks Gazza, I’ve always liked James Taylor and yet he’s been a gap in my collection, not any more.

1 Like

Good offer for those yet to discover the delights of top indie band Martha…

1 Like

Sound Liaison intro offer -5€, I bought DSD64 at €10.00
Reinier Voet & Pigalle44 - Ballade Pour La Nuit
Available in PCM (WAV, FLAC 96 & 192 and in a selection of DSD

This is something different for Sound Liaison, a move away from their more traditional jazz & into the style of Django Reinhardt, Stephane Grappelli & Hot Club de France
As is normal with Sound Liaison’s Frans de Rond recordings, its recorded in DXD 352.8kHz using a single microphone. This means a live recording of all the band playing together, there is no mixing, nowhere to hide, this is where it helps being a real band
Highly recommended for jazz in the Hot Club style, excellent.

3 Likes

First three Rupert Holmes albums as a package at 7digital for about £3 on Qobuz for £15 so another pricing blip.

If you’re looking for a mid/point between Barry Manilow and Billy Joel then Rupert is your man.

No pina coladas in this set though.

1 Like

I’ve just noticed that many Blue Note CDs from the 50s and 60s are currently being sold for just £5 each on Amazon, most of which are RVG remasters too. In my opinion this was the golden period in jazz (bop, post-bop, hard bop), so an opportunity to fill some gaps in your collections.

Superb.
It is maybe even better recorded than the Feenbrothers or the Carmen Gomes album, which are spectacular.
It’s all about phase coherence I guess; as it says on the site;
https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/515-reinier-voet-ballade-pour-la-nuit

The advantages of the One Microphone approach to recording are obvious; phase coherence, perfect imaging, great sense of depth, superior realism.
Another advantage is that it it forces the band being recorded to really play. There is nowhere to hide, no fixing it in the mix, so this is where it helps being a real band.

Reinier Voet and Pigalle 44 are just that; a real band, road tested, with years of experience playing clubs and concert halls all over Europe. When recording with one microphone the mix is done before we start to record.
We have to make the complete sound stage on the spot by carefully moving each instrument closer or further away as well as left and right in relationship to the microphone.
Reinier Voet & Pigalle 44 immediately understood the situation, and their great live experience made getting the sound just right a breeze.

1 Like

Gregory porter…nat king cole…£4.35…amazing👍

Those One Mic recordings received a five star review in Audiophile Style;

" These guys and this recording just rocks. Pace, rhythm, tone and soundstage are just off the charts. The precise placement of all four of the musicians perfectly matches the photos of the sessions. The balance of all four instruments is darn near perfect. As you can no doubt tell, I am a huge fan of this recording." Joe Whip.
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/sound-liaison-one-mic-recordings-r813/

You Tube Link

You have been quoted in their newsletter, Mike. You are world-famous now.

Oh well, infamy is something I’ve gotten used to Ardbeg.

Picked up this recommendation from above. Great stuff - good price two or three albums and a handful of singles.

1 Like

Glad you´re enjoying! I love pretty much everything about them. Even their succinct Bandcamp profile description. :slight_smile:

15% off at HighResAudio until the end of the month; details at https://www.highresaudio.com/en/site/index .

1 Like