Music or sex?

Have you ever been in such a quandary, usually alcohol fuelled, where watching a concert or listening to an album is just that little bit more stimulating than the attention your partner desires or offers???

This sounds like a trick question.

No quandary here at Jonners Towers as A: an LP last way longer B: It’s difficult to sip away at a glass of wine whilst in coitus and C: I live on my own.

8 Likes

Nope!

Isnt that why many audiophiles keep a rug on the floor in front of the speakers ?

7 Likes

This is ours, Tobyjug. Recommended!

Its name is ‘Eden Queen’ which is suggesting the same.

1 Like

I see absolutely no reason why the two activities can’t be combined!

2 Likes

Taking into account the Lp12 interruptions…

Changing sides?

G

1 Like

Do you mean interruptus

1 Like

You’ve just highlighted yet another benefit to streaming!

1 Like

Rainbow shaggy rug. Sure it would help with soundstaging.

Depends on toe-in (If you like that sort of thing)

G

1 Like

Not on this occasion… I don’t like using partial Latin phrases. :drum:just for the rhythm section.

2 Likes

I thought that was for the dog :wink:

1 Like

Wait. Audiophiles have sex? With other people?

2 Likes

I seriously doubt it bhoyo. Imagine the scene - low lighting, a glass or 3 of wine, intimate conversation, looking good yes? That is until it’s time for the mood music:

“Oh God, shall I go vinyl, CD or stream something? I know - vinyl, yes, I’ll be classic old school. Now, shall I go with the 1st pressing or the Abbey Road remaster half-speed 180G version? Let’s blow her mind with the remaster. Right, pop it on, cue the arm and “voila”, get in there! Oh hang on, she’s not in the optimum listening position, mmmm, well I’ll have to make do…oh damn, I’ve left the lid down and if I don’t have it up she won’t appreciate the LP12’s true sonic delivery. There, that’s better. Now where were we?”…

8 Likes

And you can turn it over when you have finished with the A side …OOPS
Dont tell the wife

When you say ‘Changing sides?’ …

My advice, stick to 45’s, it’ll all be over before anybody notices…

2 Likes