Music to annoy your neighbours

Juke’s do have a rather unfortunate look to them, though I suspect some love them.

opus mentioned Cannibal Corpse earlier.

The album covers and song titles are pretty extreme - not my regular sort of genre and I don’t really understand it at all, but the thrashy riffs are strangely tolerable in the background, the growls are oddly amusing.

@Alley_Cat They sure like to shake people’s feelings on purpose.
Nile has more technical approach with Ancient Egypt theme.

81Qzv6IXPQL.AC_SY355

Especially the ‘Om’ chanting bits.

3 Likes

Watching The Shining movie on the telly last night reminded me of a music artist. The Caretaker - Jim Kirby.
Been recording amazingly haunting weirdness for a while that defies categorisation, but could be simply defined as a drone that takes inspiration from the haunted ballroom scene from The Shining as well as mental disorders.

Everywhere at the End of Time. Album in its full format goes on for nearly 7 hours. Nothing grating as such, more a surreal noise to make one feel the dread like being in a real scary movie.
Although as The Shining characters had no real neighbours - other than those ghosts and being marooned in isolation. This could be an endurance test for oneself.

Put this on loud and go for a long walk.

2 Likes

I wish my neighbours played The Caretaker!
Seeing it mentioned on this thread is a tad odd for me as I listed Stage 1 as one of my top 20 all time albums back in 2019 https://community.naimaudio.com/t/your-top-20-favourite-albums/473/69

The six part series is an exploration of the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease, a pretty good explanation and review can be found on the excellent Resident Advisor https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/23649 James Leyland Kirby also appears as Leyland Kirby, The Stranger and V/Vm, and like me is fortunate (?) to have been born and raised in glorious Stockport.

All six parts are, of course, also available on vinyl with parts 3, 4 & 5 being doubles, I guess this means I really, really like them.

Mike

2 Likes

@anon71888798 – I’d be delighted if my neighbours played MMM, along with Throbbing Gristle, Non, Nurse With Wound, Sunn 0))), Swans, Diamanda Galas, Einsturzende Neubauten, Faust, etc.

What would drive me to murder/suicide would be a neighbour playlist comprising a number of what appear to be forum favourites – Ricky Lee Jones, Dire Straits, Sting, Van Morrison, Amos Lee, Eva Cassidy, Sean Rowe, Diana Krall, Chris Stapleton, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Queen.

6 Likes

I would suggest the “Earthbound” live LP by King Crimson followed by a spot of Edgar Varese

1 Like

LOL… I’d exempt Van, but otherwise…yep!

1 Like

I’m pleased to report that the bins have been put away with no intervention from me. But their cat did a wee in our dining room yesterday. But he’s lovely so is sort of forgiven. He has issues.

Cats are a law unto themselves. About ten years ago a guy from a house in the next road banged on our front door and after checking that we did own the large ginger cat with a fluffy tail, complained about him pooing on their lawn. I apologised but pointed out that there wasn’t much I could do about it. He would move on to another garden in his own time.

The next two days the guy brought some cat poos on a spade and threw them onto my drive. Then presumably my cat did move on because no more poo appeared on my drive ever again.

But the neighbour in question is still to this day known as “poo man” to all of our local friends.

So I suggest ignoring the errant wee Nigel!

Best

David

1 Like

Bill Withers, Lovely Day annoyed the hell out of me when my upstairs neighbour played it extremly loud every Sunday morning . After 5 years in the flat I am happy to never hear it again , that’s 16 years ago now still damaged.

3 Likes

More on topic than my last anecdote, back in the day we lived in a first floor “maisonette” and I used to play my HiFi truly loud, a lot. One of our then favourite albums was Elton John’s Captain Fantastic and it was only by chance that I found out that the downstairs neighbours probably thought “Better off Dead” was a truly appropriate song title.

They went on holiday and had given us a key to go through their flat to water the tomato plants in their back garden. The first evening I put the HiFi on as usual and went downstairs to water the tomatoes. That was when I discovered that I could hear the music just the same in their living room as in our’s. I was horrified and surprised they had never said anything. We sold up and bought a very small detached house three or four months later. I bet they were glad to see the back of us!
Best

David

3 Likes

The Groundhogs Cherry Red on repeat or perhaps play the whole Split album, also on repeat.

1 Like

Ian Dury ‘Plaistow Patricia’ play it very very very loud … then follow up with Lapa Sprit Vessel on repeat again very loud…(lots of long bass notes) … possibly intersperse with Bob Marley…reggae…

I have fond memories of that Dury track starting to play when the Mormons called at the door!!! Its a bit of a conversation stopper!

1 Like

Definitely Split. Great album!:+1:

1 Like

The neighbours monstrosity of a retaining wall bodged up earlier this year ^

Bad as it maybe, their new diabolically ugly fence hobnobbed to nothing but the gabion wire is questionably a lot worst…

3 Likes

@Debs

Looks like the Olympic Park near me. It’ll soon grow over…or not. Those wood battens sure are ugly…

1 Like

The neighbours are delighted with how their fence looks from their side.
They can’t see the gabions or the ugly side of the fence from their higher-ground outlook, but they’re also delighted with what a complete and utter mess it looks from my side.