Music to annoy your neighbours

I don’t have a handle on your musical preferences Mike but they were actually a very decent band - a Top of The Pops appearance with the lead singer leading with a cut off bush sticking out of his pants probably alienated or made many consider them a joke but they had some very good songs.

1 Like

Because, like Genesis😎

Maybe play some immersive relaxing music for yourself and forget about your neighbours?

1 Like

Agreed…my gear does does not play Rap and a number of other genres.

1 Like

You really should listen to them first though. You may like them.

2 Likes

Thanks HH, that’s a very grounded sensible comment.

Were it just me being annoyed with the neighbours I’d wonder, but Mrs AC has always sensed this entitled/supercilious nature.

Naturally we may be wrong, trying to bridge these differences will likely be most constructive.

He’s an Architect?

That wasn’t a bush, it was gladioli. The first time I saw them, in the gladioli phase, on their first extensive tour, was one of my top three gigs.

1 Like

Suggestions?

The Queen is Dead is their most critically acclaimed album. But of course I love them all equally.

It’s getting better, but I was annoyed working from home that they commissioned an emergency patio installation/garden landscaping (ok getting rid of everythingh and laying turf) a few months ago with all the noise that entailed - this was planned after lockdown not before. Perhaps this highlights potential issues with homeworking?

Did you try Gene?

Probably not up to Smiths standards but their early albums were very enjoyable - well worth a listen if you have a streaming source.

**[quote=“Mike_S, post:28, topic:10140, full:true”]

He’s an Architect?
[/quote]

Yes

OK…most warfare these days is psychological…why not endlessly repeat Mull of Kintyre.

1 Like

And the beauty of streaming is…you listen and like, or if not, just move on, or save the odd track as a favourite.

Suspect many of us have similar epiphanies. So much is of its time.

Toyah’s Drury Lane concert in 1981 is perhaps my favourite early years concert - viewed on the BBC with a sneaky pack of Kestrel lager as a 14 year old while my parents were out on their New Years Evs ‘do’.

Thanks to RD or whoever moved it!

They have been mentioned to me before I think. I don’t have online streaming but I’ll ask my son if he can get them on Spotify. Most of my new music is classical and jazz these days and I struggle a bit with those bands that passed me by back in the day for one reason or another.

These superior people can be tricky. I have a bit of an inferiority thing and once had a job working with a colonel, a brigadier and a sir. I was terrified, being only about 35 at the time. I was talking to Kate Mosse - the author, not the model, at an event and told her about this. ‘Don’t do humble’ was her advice. So I treated them as equals rather than superiors and it turned out they were all delightful. I don’t suspect for a moment that you do humble with your neighbour, but the view of superciliousness may be wrong and may be getting in the way of a better relationship. On the other hand, that could be complete bollocks.

3 Likes

Thanks hungryhalibut, truly appreciate your views, have always seen your comments as pretty objective and to the point.

Regards AC

Perhaps you can advise me… Our neighbours, who are both lovely, have taken to leaving their bins on the drive where we can see them from the sitting room window. This is the view from where I am sitting at the moment. Do I ask them to put them away? It that being too petty? They are slightly dippy and probably don’t even notice where they are. Mrs HH and the boy tell me to say nothing but I’m not sure.