Music to annoy your neighbours

Best advice you’ll ever have had. I just don’t do reverence, in fact if I ever had the opportunity to meet Old Betty I’d offer to shake her hand, but bow? Nah, not a chance

1 Like

Can’t argue with that either, current lot are showing exactly why.

1 Like

It would irritate me as well, but let’s be honest, it’s a minor issue.
There are so many things that we can grumble about these days, it’s not really worth getting paranoid about it.

1 Like

It’s really helped me, possibly more so with my volunteer work with WemsFest. I get to meet all sorts of well known musicians and they really don’t like the reverence thing. They’d far rather just sit in the pub and chat about music and stuff than have people come up and fawn.

1 Like

It wouldn’t bother me particularly, but I’m end terrace and can store bins at the rear via a side gate whereas the adjoining property would need to drag bins through the house or around a back lane for collection. Thats said I don’t see why they have to have the bins up against the adjoining party front garden wall.

A few years ago on refuse collection days they used to stick their crap in front of our front wall rather than theirs until Mrs AC said a few things. Cheeky F***rs everywhere if you ask me.

Sounds ideal.

It’s fun for sure. I was in the pub last year with Ric Sanders, Fairport Convention’s electric fiddle player, before a concert (remember those!) and we were sharing our recommendations for Anouar Brahem. It turns out he has a love of old punk bands too. Maybe you could take up the oud, and practice while sitting on your lovely party wall. That should fix things!

1 Like

It’s hit the Rammstein phase…sounds wonderful.

:rofl:

I used to live next door to somebody with a parrot. Every morning I would hear it whistling the riff to Demons Eye. I assume it picked up the riff after hearing me playing Fireball over and over.

I can’t say the neighbours were irritating, but more likely irritated. They where big Rock and Roll fans. :grinning:

2 Likes

Now that is a fine story!

2 Likes

How about the parrot? :joy:

Why not ask your neigbors if the bins are getting a bit to heavy for them to move, and offer to move them to the front of the drive the day before the bin men turn up.

1 Like

They’d think I was taking the piss; they are only 37. It may work though…

3 Likes

Five minutes would be unbearable!!

1 Like

Glad to see the diversion to the Smiths was only temporary.

My musical suggestion would be MC5 Kick out the Jams from their first live album. I wanted to play it once when we lived in a small village in Northern Ireland and the marching band was going through, but I didn’t have the bottle (probably sensible as it was 1971).

Negotiation is probably the rational approach, except they might become even more condescending.

You could try the Kissinger alternative which would be to bomb the hell out of them first and then negotiate but that wasn’t very successful either.

1 Like

Is that their car or yours?

I like that, preferably before moving!

The Vibrators - Troops of Tomorrow : It has been working since 1978, when I recorded it to cassette on a Bush music centre from the BBC Sight and Sound in Concert simicast on tv and radio. In those day the only way to get stereo from the tv in the UK. You can get the whole broadcast on a cd now and its just as raw and edgy as 1978, it just needs the old school friends, the under age Newcastle Brown and Navy Cut. Thank god my parents never found out!

Give it a listen, as the man says “if you do n’t like your next door neighbours you can crank this up realy high” :scream:

1 Like

That horrid Nissan Juke is theirs. Flat tyre and hasn’t moved for four months.