Music to annoy your neighbours

That’s the chappy. It’s been repackaged under various names over the years.

I think I bought this in 1993 and thereafter discovered how dangerous a CD is when you fold them in half and they explode in a million shards of plastic in every direction.

I had kept it for over a year as a coaster but just the knowledge of what was on the disc gave me the creeps. The disc had to die.

1 Like

Try a bit of Pete and Dud at their best/worst.

3 Likes

Try early albums from Einstürzende Neubauten (Collapsing Constructionworks which is quite appropriate for your situation… :grin:).
I quote: “One of their trademarks is the use of custom-built instruments, predominantly made out of scrap metal and building tools, and noises, in addition to standard musical instruments. Their early albums were unremittingly harsh, with Bargeld’s vocals shouted and screamed above a din of banging and scraping metal percussion.”
And you gotta love aband with performances like this: " In 1984, Einstürzende Neubauten , with guests including Genesis P-Orridge,Stevo Pearce,Frank Tovey and others, played a show titled The Concerto for Voices and Machinery at the ICA in London. After 20 minutes the venue halted the show when the band began to dig through the venue’s stage with drills and jackhammers." :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I didn’t think you were allowed to do that yourself - don’t you have to ask your next door neighbour (the owner of the trees) to do it themselves, or at least ask for permission?

I’m not certain to be honest.

That reminds me of a Fish album cover.

Diamanda Galas’ Litanies of Satan…on repeat… that should do the trick.

At least they’re not dopers, like mine. They seem to like anything I put on…

2 Likes

Two suggestions:

1 Like

No. Unless it’s a tree subject of a Tree Preservation Order, you are legally entitled to lop back any overhanging branches or shrubbery back to the boundary line (no further). The same applies any bushes, plants or shrubs. The neighbour owns the cut branches (and any fruit), which must be returned to them if requested. Same principle applies to roots - you are fully entitled in law to dig down, on your side of the boundary, expose and cut off the roots.

As is always the case, it is better to do these things after a friendly neighbourly chat, but if relationships are of the non-cordial type, you can crack on as above, and carefully toss back over the fence/wall any cuttings!

1 Like

@Alley_Cat I would play some Nile or Canniball Corpse. I enjoy their genre of music but most people get a headache from it.

1 Like

I would use a nice curtain to cover the view of those bins and Juke.

Juke’s do have a rather unfortunate look to them, though I suspect some love them.

opus mentioned Cannibal Corpse earlier.

The album covers and song titles are pretty extreme - not my regular sort of genre and I don’t really understand it at all, but the thrashy riffs are strangely tolerable in the background, the growls are oddly amusing.

@Alley_Cat They sure like to shake people’s feelings on purpose.
Nile has more technical approach with Ancient Egypt theme.

81Qzv6IXPQL.AC_SY355

Especially the ‘Om’ chanting bits.

3 Likes

Watching The Shining movie on the telly last night reminded me of a music artist. The Caretaker - Jim Kirby.
Been recording amazingly haunting weirdness for a while that defies categorisation, but could be simply defined as a drone that takes inspiration from the haunted ballroom scene from The Shining as well as mental disorders.

Everywhere at the End of Time. Album in its full format goes on for nearly 7 hours. Nothing grating as such, more a surreal noise to make one feel the dread like being in a real scary movie.
Although as The Shining characters had no real neighbours - other than those ghosts and being marooned in isolation. This could be an endurance test for oneself.

Put this on loud and go for a long walk.

2 Likes

I wish my neighbours played The Caretaker!
Seeing it mentioned on this thread is a tad odd for me as I listed Stage 1 as one of my top 20 all time albums back in 2019 https://community.naimaudio.com/t/your-top-20-favourite-albums/473/69

The six part series is an exploration of the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease, a pretty good explanation and review can be found on the excellent Resident Advisor https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/23649 James Leyland Kirby also appears as Leyland Kirby, The Stranger and V/Vm, and like me is fortunate (?) to have been born and raised in glorious Stockport.

All six parts are, of course, also available on vinyl with parts 3, 4 & 5 being doubles, I guess this means I really, really like them.

Mike

2 Likes

@anon71888798 – I’d be delighted if my neighbours played MMM, along with Throbbing Gristle, Non, Nurse With Wound, Sunn 0))), Swans, Diamanda Galas, Einsturzende Neubauten, Faust, etc.

What would drive me to murder/suicide would be a neighbour playlist comprising a number of what appear to be forum favourites – Ricky Lee Jones, Dire Straits, Sting, Van Morrison, Amos Lee, Eva Cassidy, Sean Rowe, Diana Krall, Chris Stapleton, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Queen.

6 Likes

I would suggest the “Earthbound” live LP by King Crimson followed by a spot of Edgar Varese

1 Like