Music you are embarrassed/surprised to admit to liking

Jim Reeves, as a kid I fell in love with his voice!

2 Likes

He’s probably unknown outside The Netherlands, but I do enjoy an André Hazes song on occasion - in an Amsterdam café or at an AJAX home game…

I had this once on vinyl. I may still have it. The thing is, there seems to be a chunk of my record collection missing after a house move some years back. My wife says she knows nothing about it……this record is in that missing chunk.

1 Like

Her record Hasten Down the Wind is great

I like Avril Levine, Sarah McLaughlin!

Huge Sarah Mac fan here. Proud to say so and never embarrassed!

4 Likes

Currently sorting out my late Mums house and I discovered some of my childhood records stored in the attic.
Gosh, there’s an awful lot of Military Band music in there…
and I don’t mean just the Band of the Royal Marines play transcriptions of then current popular ‘hits’. It’s the ‘ rea’l stuff slow marches. Quick marches double time etc etc etc

Ooo there’s also a copy of Hooked on Classics - not just the single but 2 albums​:thinking: Classical music to a disco beat :man_shrugging:

Well, I’m a classical music and opera guy but as a teen and into my early 20s I enjoyed John Denver (saw him in concert) and there’s a David Cassidy song or two I like and er…well, that’s enough shame for the day.

Part of my childhood too - John Philip Sousa and the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards are the two I most associate with my father. It was a long, long time ago.

I know most of you will be spitting out your cornflakes but for some strange reason I like this cheesy album especially the title track - Ocean Drive. I does have an emotional trigger that takes me back to a specific time and place. :grin:

5 Likes

I bought this in a charity shop. I think it is a really good album, good songs, many of them surprisingly dark and serious.
However, it does have that one bloody awful song on it that made him famous.

6 Likes

Not a band I ever thought I’d come across again

That’s funny I was going to post that as well, it’s a Mrs Pete favourite (unfortunately). :rofl::rofl:

Yes I know but I likes what I like. :grin:

And tbh I don’t play it very often.

I dare to admit I quite like Aqua. Bubblegum music I know but catchy and uplifting.
My wife can’t stand them

Your wife has good taste. Lol.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Romanian pan pipes always send shivers down my spine. Here is one example.

Oh and I’ve just read that the opening piece was not composed by Albinoni!

As previously mentioned, occasionally things have cropped up over the years where I have been surprised to find I’ve liked something- I’ve just remembered another: I absolutely detest soul music, however when I watched the film The Bodyguard, I found I did like the song I will always love you by Whitney Houston. That said, I only like it in the context of the film.

As it’s a country and western song originally written by Dolly Parton you are still OK not liking soul music :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: