Musicworks G4 block

Thanks Gazza. Good to know the price at least. I assume your traded-in G3 will appear for sale on Signals website at some point, unless they cannibalize it for the pixie dust…

1 Like

Not sure what they did with it, it was quite a while ago and never appeared on their website?

Still keen on that G4 @Gazza ?

I’m in the market still…

Well i have had it for quite some time probably a year or so……no going back now, and with the G3 trade in was a good upgrade.

1 Like

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered one… G4

Replacing the Isol-8 power conditioner with it - which also gets me a Naim Fraim level back, so you know….it’s basically free… :joy:

I’ll feed it by reterminating the 7 metres Isol-8 Ultra mains cable I have with a snazzy Furotech IEC connector. Will also replace the mains plug on the Isol-8 mains cable with a furotech UK plug, and a fancy 13A fuse….which sounds worth a punt for £75 (….although my wife did say “for a FUSE?!?” ….and she’s right of course…)

1 Like

Be interested to hear how you get on with it……ordered from Signals?

Actually no - HIFI Lounge. I was chatting to Paul about giving him the isol8 back and replacing it with a MusicWorks and he said “oh - I do them” so I’ve done a trade….

….honestly - what is it with this brand, it’s like a secret society! …even the power of Google struggles to find them….

I was told this isolation material they use, is ground into little pieces themselves, then mould etc……time consuming and they are a very small outfit. So the G4 that uses a lot of this “peek” compound is pretty limited to just a few dealers.

1 Like

Interesting - I’ll see if Paul comes back to me on Tuesday and says he can’t get a G4. He did message me yesterday and say ‘presume it’s the G3 you’re after” to which I said “no…G4’ (and included a screenshot of your picture up there :point_up_2: ) so that suggests you may be correct and I’ll be phoning Alistair!

Someone else on the forum did say their dealer complained to musicworks and they did supply. Remember it likes being on carpet for some reason to sound at its best.

1 Like

Do you need to know the funny handshake and password for Alistair to ‘reveal’ the G4?

1 Like

Knowing Alistair he has a stock of them as he does not like customers waiting.

2 Likes

Yep, he is a thoroughly nice bloke and a good businessman.

My advice is, aways be flush before walking in there.

4 Likes

The little patch of carpet that sits under the G3 at St.Cecilias must be worth a fortune in Musicworks sales.

1 Like

I’ve got a gen 3 on home demo. I didn’t even know about a gen 4 and can’t find any online for purchase.

I currently own what I believe is gen1 reflex lite. I’ve done a day with the gen 3 ultra accuplex. I switched back to the lite and although it’s not as clean sounding as the accuplex version it sounds more earthy and I’m almost certain there is more dynamic bite - treble and bass. The gen 3 sounds warmer, more dark background and there is more of an air of calm. But so far I think this is definitely a preference thing. I don’t know. I’ll switch back tomorrow and see if I’m completely off on my initial impression.

Ok I’ve bought a used ultra g3 Acouplex considering my very short demo several weeks ago. Just plugged it in. I took as much care as I had previously and I cannot understand what I must’ve been doing wrong previously.

This time around there isn’t one aspect of the reflex lite that I would prefer to the ultra g3. It’s so strange how these things only seem to happen to me. There is something really fishy going on in my system.

Anyway these are very early impressions but I would echo the glowing reviews I had previously read on this thread. More musical, cohesive, better bass control, slam and extension. Beautiful sweet treble. I would say you can buy this product blind. It’s that good. Just ensure you take your time with installation. I was clearly doing something wrong. Maybe it’s that it was making contact with my wardrobe which was causing some kind of vibrations that were getting into the system. Who knows. This time I’ve been super careful making sure it’s free from any contact with the skirting board or wardrobe.

1 Like

Did anyone go to the Cranage hi fi show, im not sure of all the Musicworks products but they had a power block in the Audioworks room that i was told was a prototype Musicworks power block and they said that they had just managed to get it to the show, supposedly very expensive, would this be the G4 or another upgrade, did anyone else see it.

A dealer informed me about this prototype. Essentially it’s constructed using the Acouplex material throughout. I’m sure it’s going to be very good. But at a price.

Have had one for a few years….very good indeed

1 Like

Another very happy G4 owner here. I am looking no further as far as mains blocks go.