MusicWorks ReFlex Ultra G3 Distribution Box

Durrr….feeling pretty stupid at the moment. @anon74694884 was right, I had inadvertently clicked on mute thread. I wasn’t fully aware of this facility but I will be more careful.

1 Like

Yup, that’ll do it.

I also loaned the brand new True Signal audio revelation speaker cables…running them in, sound very promising. Very musical with extra dynamics and detail over nac5.

1 Like

Interested to hear your thoughts on the True Signal speaker cables, Gazza.

I still think you should give SuperLumina another go. They take ages to run in and your feedback on them from your demo was completely at odds with my impression of them. Yes they are expensive but they are flippin’ great IMHO.

in hifi corner for me

Tell us more about the True Signal Revelation speaker cables - are these different to the Ultimate ones?

Have been pleased with their True Signal Silver Ultimate Din to RCA Interconnect, which was much more revealing than the HiLine it replaced and a fraction of the cost of a Super Lumina version, will be looking to try more of their range.
I understand True Signal Audio were the OEM provider to Chord for their Sarum and Signature cables, until a few years ago.

Thanks, Simon

This is their new top speaker cable promised for June, dealer literally just got his demo set in. I will set up a new thread when they have run in, so as not to hijack this thread.

would like to know how this works…?

£1000 on a bit of plastic, you guys are bonkers :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

What is bonkers is to dismiss possibly the best VFM £1k upgrade without listening to it.

I am listening to Diana Krall’s Girl In The Other Room Hi res version and I have never heard it sound so good.

Why do we need to know how these things work? I am an engineer by trade and am of course curious. But this is about getting the best sound you can afford in your front room. Who cares if it is made of plastic or unobtanium, and works by magic, as long as it delivers the sonic goods. Which this thing does in spades.

I am very suspicious of expensive audio trinkets, so I ALWAYS demo stuff at home before committing my hard earned, this distribution box included.

1 Like

That’s the general forum response to such upgrades that are not black boxes :lying_face:

1 Like

Try it for yourself, make your own judgement. You can then speak with authority rather than simply dismissing things. It’s always good to have an open mind.

4 Likes

I was making a general point about forum responses to such supposed snake oil types, but still bonkers at that price for what it is.

I was an early MusicWorks adopter, in the end a 5 way Hydra bettered it.

I have a Graham’s Hydra and, although good, it is nowhere near the ReFlex Ultra G3, which BTW is supposedly far superior to the earlier MusicWorks models.

Funny how opinions differ so much, but this would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything.

1 Like

yes but for 999 GBP we expect a little more transparency about how it does what it does.

Why? Do you fully understand how any of the 500 series black boxes do what they do?

Anyway the sides are made of clear plastic so it is very transparent!

8 Likes

why ? because it isn’t a 200 GBP product, it’s a 1000 GBP one.

for example audio quest have gone to great lengths to explain their product.

Hi Nigel,

I will get round to having a bash with the G3 at home, but the strange thing is that my regular dealer thinks that the original Musicworks 6 way block with captive mains sounds best, including the G3’s predecessor, the Reflex Ultra Lite, which is the one I use at the mo’.

We’ll have to see … the fun just never stops, does it? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It would be nice to know why…but i don,t, i could have sent it back, but did not. Just try and , like it or not for the money.

1 Like

AudioQuest’s explanation of how their Ethernet cables work is complete gobbledygook, but that doesn’t stop me using their stupidly expensive Vodka cable…BECAUSE IT SOUNDS SUPERB.

5 Likes