MusicWorks ReFlex Ultra G3 Distribution Box

thanks.

My concern with all mains blocks is that the power goes through 2 fuses instead of one.

The fuse in the power cable cable to the mains block, and the one from the cable plugged into the mains block to the component.

that is why power amps may sound better when plugged direct into the wall?

it’s a 1000 GBP for a mains block, and the Chord Mscaler for my Dave is 3500 GBP…

I would still say the mains is extremely important as it the modulated mains that we end up listening to…

can someone please explain why Neon lights in mains block create such problems for a Naim and indeed all hi-fi @Richard.Dane

I had a few of those still hidden away in various 3 way adapter plugs, removed all of these with non neon or non led lights, and everything sounds a better… so noise in the mains is quite an issue nowadays - that is why I am asking how the music works removes noise on the mains? if that is indeed how it improves the system?

you should really try. All the system is enhanced. I bought recently the eros titan, which is similar to the reflex lite. I had 14 days to try. I didn’t send it back.

I actually have my power amp plugged directly into the wall and the streamer and pre amp plugged into the Ultra G3, as recommended by Signals. I am currently plugged into the G3’s socket positions recommended by MusicWorks, all using as many PowerLines as I have. In fact I could do with one more PowerLine.

I might experiment with plugging sequence, but I am too busy enjoying the music at the moment.

Before using this block, my 555PS and 300PS were plugged directly into a double socket on the end of my dedicated mains. To see whether the block was worthwhile I simply removed them from the wall and plugged them in to the block, with an extra PowerLine from block to wall.

It sounded a lot better. There was more detail in the music yet it hung together and flowed better. How can it do this when there is an extra plug, fuse and wire, and all the gubbins in the block itself? It’s not logical. But for whatever reason it did sound a lot better. It’s strange. It has no conditioners or filters inside, so doesn’t remove noise per se.

1 Like

my chord Dave goes through a mains extension block (not an audiophile one) so I experimented with a long 5 meter cable direct from the mains, and indeed it sounded a lot better.

But what sounded even better (with Dave still plugged into the same mains extension) still was removing all the remaining 3 way adaptors in various sockets with neons and Led’s and replacing all of them with non neon ones and led.

So maybe the music works block is removing some kind of noise on the mains?

Yes so for the Titan one this is well explained… nice.

Please only post your own words and opinions on here. By all means refer to articles written elsewhere by other authors but instead of just copying and pasting whole paragraphs, or even entire articles, please try to paraphrase, and limit your quotes to only where necessary. What is essential is that you attribute any quote or copy you use that is not your own. Otherwise, I may be forced to delete your post.

2 Likes

I’ve just asked an electrician to give me a price for a dedicated mains supply as specified through this forum.
Would I be better advised to forget the dedicated supply and buy a G3 instead?

It will cost you nothing to try a demo loan from a dealer.

2 Likes

No, get the dedicated supply. It’s the solid foundation on which to build. A hydra or block can come later.

2 Likes

Yes, you are using 2 fuses, but you are maintaining a star configuration, and potentially avoiding the multiple cheap mixtures of copper, brass and pressed steel often found in domestic mains circuits.

i just inserted the details and specifications of the powerblock. Everyone could see that it was not my point of view, just the description on the site. I couldn’t just put the link because it would be against rules to see the commercial links and prices.
So it’s not possible to copy and paste the specs of a product now ?

Specs are fine, but please don’t copy and paste entire paragraphs of marketing copy etc…

ok, however for me it was more a description and explaining than marketing or commercial points. Or i read it too quickly…

Well naim are transparent about what 552 and 500 are when compared to 252/300

Just high level explanations are required …,

Hi Dave,

I can’t comment first hand on how the Ultra G3 compares to earlier iterations as I have only heard the G3.

I recommend you do try and borrow an Ultra G3 from your friendly dealer and would be interested in your thoughts.

I have to say I am very impressed.

There’s a difference? Maybe I’m a little cynical but unless from a truly independent source (and not a publication that relies on marketing spend for their existence) I find that few ‘descriptions’ are purely that…

i read more precisely what a posted . Unfortunately there are no specifications on the G3 block but more advertising. My goal was to give Analogmusic some informations, but i was not enough careful…
However this present post is more an apology vs the forum rules.

well I can see in your picture that switched sockets were used, whereas I would have expected unswitched ones?

thanks anyway FR…

3 Likes