MusicWorks ReFlex Ultra G3 Distribution Box

Back on topic, my dealer is bringing round to my place a Peek base on Sunday morning. Looking forward to hearing what all the fuss is about. I’ll report back.

Surely you can fit it yourself? If I can do it anyone can. It avoids having the dealer standing there saying ‘ah, that’s better’ if nothing else.

I only buy new things when my Dealer hard-sells them! :slightly_smiling_face::bear:
How else would I know I was spending my money wisely?

DB.

5 Likes

Out of interest is it normal for constant playing to bring the 500 up to a hand warm temperature. All the PSs are just room temperature. Must take a bit of juice.

Phil

Yes i noticed this. But it has massive heat sinks rear and each side, so i guess designed to be that temperature.

1 Like

The other box that runs warm is my Innuos Zenith. So even through it has three LPS it has been booted off the HiFi radial. It is multiply galvanically isolated from the nDAC so I doubt any noise will get through and I’m happy with the Rega Aria back on the HiFi radial sounding really good and more revealing.

Gazza, I’ve just start a one month free trial of Qobuz Studio. Have you compared the SQ of their hires with ripped CDs?

Phil

Very briefly…the new Beth Hart Hirez download from Qobuz and the streaming version were pretty much identical…but different amounts of wine. But i am impressed with Qobuz.

1 Like

I thought Madonna’s True Blue in hires was a bit dry compared to my CD rip. I was just searching for hires to try and it came up early as one I could compare.

Phil

1 Like

Can we please keep Beta details and discussion off the main open forum until release. Thanks.

1 Like

It woz that Gazza wot started it, honest guv.

3 Likes

Best delete them Richard, apologies

Mine can get fairly warm - never too hot to touch, though

Grandchildren today and cooler than yesterday! Just shows were the juice goes, which is relevant to mains issues. Very happy now with the Innuos moved off the HiFi radial.

Phil

It’s interesting my 500 would get quite warm when running my NBLs during a lengthy listening session but with my Kudos 808s it remains very cool so I am guessing the speaker loading has some bearing on this.

I probably listen too much some days. Now the rugby is over and the politics has changed I need to get out more. Exchange speaker fatigue for bodily fatigue.

In my case my 500 will consume the most current.

Phil

1 Like

I’m interested in getting one of these.

System is 82, Supercap 2, 2 x 135s, NDS and 555PS, Lp12 Lingo 1, Zoneripper, Graham Slee Reflex M phono stage.

So have 7 power supplies. Have one Powerline Lite. Standard plugs otherwise.

System is in process of having full Fraim. Brain stack complete, brawn stack on order.

Have a hiline for NDS. Is the G3 going to provide another significant uplift. I’m not the type of guy to demo. I would just buy as I don’t have the time!

@Dan_M, I am in the same situation and bought blind. I was and still am very happy with the upgrade. I imagine the uplift for you will be pretty easy to hear!

1 Like

Thanks Steve. Was looking at wireworld matrix 2 but the G3 sounds like the way to go. Will look at getting it when funds permit!

Do you already have dedicated mains? If not, do that first.

Yep. I have separate radial supply. Was one of the first things I did on my Naim journey!:sunglasses: