Muso 2nd Generation

I’ve been pretty happy with my first gen Muso, the wifi is not the best but meshing into my network got rid of a lot of the buffering. I’ll eventually run some cat6 too it but for now it’s good enough. The SQ is great for what it is. I use it mostly for multiroom from my SU and UPNP, Tidal, internet radio.

I owned the original Muso for a couple of months and could not get on with it. Wireless issues from the start up and for the money I thought it should have been pretty much flawless. Traded in when I bought an Nait XS 2 and have not looked back.

I wish Naim the best of luck with the launch and hope sales exceeds their expectation and all the customers are satisfied with the new product line!

muso surely must have a higher profit due to its manufacturing over there . to big for my application I chose the Qb

1300 quid for a well engineered product… not too bad. I’ve spent more on interconnects… I may even buy one for the wife for the kitchen. You get what you pay for… or “you buy cheap, you buy twice”.

4 Likes

you buy expensive, you only buy one thing!

What matters is buying wisely!

Just received the muso 2, part exchanged for my early original muso, played about 10 tracks so far - WOW it is significantly better than the original in all respects. I bought on trust and the fact that I had a very early model to replace, but wondered how much improvement it would have.

I use it in my garden summerhouse and apart from the SQ it also has much improved Wi-fi stability.

A wonderful product fully justifying the price increase.

2 Likes

How much did they give you for your old one in part ex?

£650 probably better than I would have achieved on eBay and good value as I paid £895 at the time of its launch.

1 Like

Your dealer is evil — didn’t leave you any choice at this price… :rofl:

He gave you a lot, he is also your elder is?

Quite, without that offer I would not have bought the new Mu-so.

That’s pretty good IMO although my jog wheel touch surface has stopped working.

So does anyone know when the Qb2 gets released?

No-one knows the date because it hasn’t been announced that there will be one yet, although the fact that there will be a Qb2 has leaked via Apple’s website.
Best
David

1 Like

Could describe the sound improvements over the original muso ?

The improvement is instantly obvious in particular I can hear better bass definition and clarity of vocals.

It is a vast improvement to my ears over the 1st generation.

My wife also instantly heard the improvement on first listen.

In Italy retailers no longer have Mu-so qb. I took one available and new at a good price … So the new qb2 comes out in September for the Berlin fair and it will cost over 1200 €. For a contraption so it is worth investing only up to a certain amount, as much use it in the bedroom and secondary environment …

And yet still no tone control.

1 Like

A what?

1 Like

It has 3 room correction settings and a loudness control.

I am considering buying the Mu-so 2 for my living room since available space is very limited and I would appreciate some feedback from owners or those in the know…

1. Do you think that the sound will suffer considerably if the Mu-so was placed on a shelf?
  2. In the event that I can justify the cost of two of these, is there a way to set them up to be grouped together so that one unit is playing Left and the other Right? I assume I can do this with Roon via DSP settings and Grouping, but I have never tried. Is it possible to set this up without Roon? If so, I’d appreciate receiving any info.
  3. How would you rate the sound quality as compared to active bookshelf speakers in this approximate price range (of a single Mu-so) – up to the Elac Navis ARB-51?
    [EDIT: I prefer neutral and natural sound and my musical taste is broad – but no metal, EDM, or most popular pop… :-)]

Thanks!