Muso 2nd Generation

Off topic but… no… it is not. The cumulative cost, r&d and profit determine the price it ought to sell at. The market of buyers determines whether that is actually the case.

1 Like

Unfortunate. Well, my work around is an SB Touch -> DAC -> analog in to the Mu So. I would not want to use Airplay due to the resolution limitations. Ah well.

1 Like

Me too! No DAC just end point :grinning:

nice! I have several RPI based ones too. Yeah I’m using an iFi Micro2 (since it supports DSD/MQA). It works.

When you find yourself in a gold mine, keep digging… basic principle of consumer product design & marketing. Cynical?.. not me. :sunglasses:

Surely Naim are still pioneers, the high end development of the 500 series and Statement is clearly leading to trickle down technology for people with less money/different priorities…

They keep the ship afloat and satisfy their shareholders by also entering the mass market, but is that really a problem?

Maybe they will drop the high end equipment and focus (sorry) on making boatloads of cash on Mu-so boxes… but there is no sign of that, so maybe they can do both:

(1) be a really successful, profitable British manufacturing business and

(2) be a pioneering leader in the reproduction of music in the domestic setting?

I am optimistic.

Tony

9 Likes

I think you know good pioneering business when you see it. Power to Naim.

I popped into my dealer this morning to pick up my power block i ordered and some work to be done on my uniti Core. Whilst there i had a quick listen to the Muso 2. I only listened to a couple of the tracks that the Muso 2 comes pre-loaded with. You can tell instantly that this is a step up in performance from the old model. It has a more expansive soundstage, better high, mid and bass. The only minor negative is despite claiming to be 95% new, the power and connections are still in a fiddly groove under the unit. You would want very flexible cables, particularly for hdmi, and could be a little awkward if all connections were used. So overall worth the extra if you were in the market for one, but questionable if you can pick up the old muso being sold off at the moment for a bargain?

Where is Qobuz support though ??

Naim expect you to link via google chromecast…supporting every service, not an option.

Either via Chromecast as @Gazza says or via Roon

1 Like

I use Audirvana to stream from a Mac. Qobuz’s site has ‘Qobuz and You’ heading and there’s an informative topic ‘What about the brands that don’t integrate Qobuz? What can I do in that situation?’ which discusses possible solutions.

So all the build up hints and videos was for a wifi speaker that fixes the issues of the previous wifi speaker?

1 Like

Why the need to put a negative spin on it? You’ll be telling us a Nait 2 sounds better than a 500 system next :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@BertBird shared his thoughts from Munich, where very positive.

1 Like

I found a new MUSO qb for 600 euros … I’m tempted, the new one will cost 1000 euros!

I don’t wish to antagonise but I do wonder about profit margins and value for money. Having said that I‘ve had the bulk of my system over 20 years, which I reckon is good value.

But the wifi might work on Qb2!

It works fine on my Qb unless it’s receiving the data via Magic Moonbeams.
:joy:

I do not understand. The qb1, I think so.