My 252 has lost a channel (300DR is fine) :(

Hi Gazza

Yes, I’ve never heard of one before either - stuff just happens sometimes.

I had it back in 3 or 4 weeks, as good as new, thanks to the Naim HQ service team, Acoustica, Duncan Roberts, and Clare.

Jim

2 Likes

Have you heard this album?

2 Likes

Yes, I know the album well. I have both it and Vol. 1 in my collection for the last 40 years or so. Great stuff. I have a bunch of Corea’s ECM releases from the 70s/80s. All on vinyl.

2 Likes

It’s a wonderful album.

Only just discovered it on Qobuz.

Lovely recording too, as usual by ECM, but such a crisp and real piano sound.

2 Likes

Well, Happy Day!

My 252 came back today repaired. I have it connected and confirmed it works again. It only took one month from drop off to dealer to come back. I was told originally it could take two months or more.

The icing on the cake is they repaired it under warranty. I wasn’t expecting that. I’m the third owner and it’s a 2016 production (maybe mid-2016). Whoohoo. Special happy hour this evening…

20 Likes

Maybe they decided to repair relays on extended warranty due to it being a little to common issue.

4 Likes

That’s a pretty reasonable assumption I think.

1 Like

Great outcome.

3 Likes

From the earlier description I’d assumed you’d had it for only a short time and from new. That’s really good service.

I bought it just about 2 years ago, it’s a 2016 production, and I’m the third owner. The previous owner was @Bart. I bought it from the dealer he traded in to for a 552.

I’m pretty convinced Bart really had something to do with it failing. :crazy_face:

Oddly enough, I just bought the SuperCap DR from him that he previously used to power his SuperLine. :thinking:

2 Likes

If that fails next week you’ll know it’s @Bart’s fault

1 Like

Yup. Then he’ll just have to order a NAC S1 and send me his 552/552PS to make up for it.

1 Like

Really glad to see you got this all sorted @JosquinDesPrez.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.