My 252 has lost a channel (300DR is fine) :(

2 months … ouch, that hurts!

1 Like

Don’t you want to borrow a 552 from them, to see how it compares ?
Just joking, because of course it may have problems to return back.

One no, and two, my dealer has never carried any of the 500-series on demo, so they don’t have one anyway. Even if they had one I wouldn’t bring it home for the simple reason I’m not buying one, so it’s a moot point to demo.

Maybe I’ll just sell the rest of my system and get a Boulder system instead. My dealer carries the line.

You didn’t liked the Boulder 1008 phono I remember

No, I liked the Boulder. I thought it was better than what I had (as I recall), but I liked the Superline even better. And that makes sense in terms of system synergy (with a 252/300).

However, that 508 I listened to is Boulder’s entry-level phonostage, and it would likely sound even better with Boulder equipment, which then utilizes the balanced ICs. Then they have better ones in the higher ranges (1100/2100 series).

1 Like

I think I need to source a cheap DIN4-RCA cable so I can go from my Superline/Supercap to the RCA analog in on my Atom.

If the 252 is going to take months I need to be able to play records in the meantime, mostly so I can play new records before the return window closes to verify they aren’t defective…

I’m in the U.S. Any good sources? Barring that, in CA or the UK? To be clear I don’t want to spend more than about $50 or so on a cable, and defineitely not $200 or so.

If you’re in the US, I’d shoot Blue Jeans Cable an email. They’ll make up whatever cable you need for Naim gear. Just today I contacted them because I wanted to try a shielded 4-Pin DIN-to-XLR cable (the one that goes from NAP 250-DR to a HiCap) to see if there’s a difference compared to the supplied one, since I needlessly worry about it picking up RF interference, etc. Five minutes after inquiring I got a quote and a PayPal statement to pay (less than $40). An hour later I got a FedEx 2-Day shipping notice that it will be here Thursday.

2 Likes

Nice thanks. I use Blue Jeans for all my ethernet cables. They make great, no B.S. stuff at reasonable cost. Thank you.

Agreed. I cannot recommend their Ethernet highly enough. They replaced a few insanely priced ones and now they’re all I use. Their site shows a few examples of specialty cables they make, but if you tell them what you need they’ll have no problem making it up for you. Just a first-rate, honest outfit.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks. That’s a good tip. I didn’t think of them for wiring Naim cables. Perfect!

Best of luck to you! Sorry to hear about all of this. It gives me pause when upgrading or changing components to something entirely different; to risk something going awry with whatever it is you’re replacing when what you have has been going along without a hitch. It’s irrational, I know. Because they’re electronics and things can go wrong.
Anyway, I hope you receive some news that it doesn’t take as long as what was quoted to you.

1 Like

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying.

Blue Jeans Cables sent out cables today for a Saturday delivery. A DIN4-RCA stereo for the Superline/Supercap into the Atom, and a pair of RCA-XLR for the Atom pre-out into the 300.

4 Likes

Good to hear but so sorry to hear about your 2 month wait.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll be alright. Will just have to make my bicycle rides longer for the next few months. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s outstanding! I just received my 2 ft. 4-Pin DIN-to-XLR (used Belden 1800F stock for balanced) for my NAP 250-DR today. Quality is ridiculously good with no-nonsense pricing. Customer Service I cannot say enough about.

1 Like

Yeah, I use their ethernet cables for my NDX2 and switch, instead of all those overpriced fancy-pants “audiophile” ethernet cables that often don’t even pass CAT5 spec. LOL.

I always say why buy a $20 ethernet cable from Blue Jeans when you can get one from XXX for 100x the cost that works just as well (or maybe not). :wink:

3 Likes

I got my set of cables from Blue Jeans Cables today. I had them make both a DIN4->RCA to connect the SL/SCDR, and a pair of RCA->XLR to connect the Atom to my 300DR. It doesn’t quite stand up to the quality of the 252, but at least I can play records and I have amplification for my speakers (the Atom just doesn’t have what it takes to drive them, even at low/moderate volume).

3 Likes

I just had a couple of months of system disruption - first, I had my speaker crossovers serviced, and then I had a new NP800 installed in my streamer.

I felt a bit ‘out of sorts’ during this time, and started listening to YouTube music videos instead of Qobuz.

But when it all came back together and has now run in (plus the addition of Morgana din to xlr cables) - wow, what a treat.

1 Like

First time i have heard of a np800 failure, what a pain.