My new Naim Uniti Nova

We really like Spendor A4.

2 Likes

So many times, thru my years of experimenting with a wide variety of hifi gear, I have proven to myself just how much of a difference a good amp cam make.
I’ve had speakers that I didn’t really like … then connected them to a better amp and they were great. An excellent amp can really improve the sound of a pair of speakers.
I’ve often said that a Naim amp can make almost any speakers sound good …
Enjoy your Nova.

1 Like

nova works really well with Atc scm11 for a closed box solution you can get close to the wall.

I recommend listening to the new Neat Momentum Jet S.

I heard them recently at the North West Audio show. I was very impressed (there’s also a floorstander model too).

2 Likes

While I’m here and to save starting a new thread I’ll ask…

My box came with a relatively expensive looking Naim branded power lead. Could that be better than a common or garden kettle type lead?

It’s ok but a Nova definitely benefits from a better power cable. You can buy a Naim Power Line for about £600 but I use a Sean Jacob’s
PowerBlack IEC which is much cheaper and made a real improvement

Not least of my reasons for buying a Nova is to try to avoid falling into upgrade addiction. :wink:

2 Likes

TBH , the only real upgrades are a better power cable and a decent switch (I use an EE8)

4 Likes

Good luck with that!

2 Likes

I’m in the mood to trust that Naim aren’t going to develop such a thing, sell it for £4k+, and then snatch defeat with rubbish power cable. :slight_smile:

Definitely not rubbish but a better cable does make a difference. And I am not a serial tweaker!

2 Likes

We’ll see. At the moment I’m still thrilled and astonished by what it doing to my speakers.

2 Likes

The cable included with the Nova is the Powerline Lite, this is a U.K. mains lead which is available separately for £109. I think it’s included with everything except the entry level Muso and Si ranges (and the top end 500/Statement which have the £649Powerline included).
It’s a fairly standard IEC lead with the following features (the key one being the decoupled pins AFAIK):
“ * High gloss floating cable retainer

• Thermoset resin case
  • Floating pins within the case for superior electrical contact
  • The same decoupling techniques used in Power-Line”.

I would normally have linked you to Naim’s webpage for it, but it seems to either have been missed out or badly linked in their recent website update.
I used it as an upgrade to the old standard Naim leads on my ancient amps in the main system and found a small but worthwhile uplift.
I use my Nova with the provided cable and am very happy, people who have gone for the upgraded mains lead often report significant improvement,

5 Likes

FWIW I don’t use my PowerLines, preferring the PowerBlack (copper, not silver).

2 Likes

Congrats to a excellent all in one player. I love my Nova :notes::100:

4 Likes

I’m listening to my NUN through a pair of Elac Vela FS 409. Outstanding combination. Excellent sound.

1 Like

Thanks for that.

At the moment I’m still in the honeymoon period where it is hard to grasp
that a cable might improve things. I’m dead set on upgrading my old MA silver 200’s
in spite of the Naim revelationrepleci

How big is your space?
I’ve got a feeling that they maybe too big but 407 is an option for me.

Check out the twenty five 26 and 26i. Available second hand well within your budget and significantly better than the 23 to my ears.

I have had my eye on you.

3 Likes

2 Likes