My SL2s have died!

My point was simpler than that. When Naim guys want to hear the Naim sound, they use Naim SL2 speakers.

3 Likes

I was fortunate to visit the factory a few months back, during the tour we ended up in the room with the SL2s, being a sad old git I checked out their SL2s and was shocked by how they were setup!
So my point is the Naim engineers are not hearing what these speakers can deliver.

2 Likes

They must have set them up correctly some time ago.
Thought the nait 50 was voiced with sl2s :blush:

Thatā€™s correct but I hope the factory SL2s had more care and attention when the Nait 50 was connectedā€¦ I can confirm though the SL2s with the Nait 50 sound excellent.

1 Like

Yes, I can also confirm that.

But my SL2s sound much better with 52/135s (not surprisingly).

3 Likes

And my ones better again with 52/500 (not surprisingly)

Sorry, just had to have a wee laugh about your post Jim.

Fair comment, I bet they sound great.

Standby, wait for our active team members to put their two cents in :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised the Nait 50 was voiced using the SL2, firstly does the nait 50 have enough curry to grip the bottom or is it a vocal measurement?end and secondly Naim no longer build/sale SL2 speakers.
Why on earth wouldnā€™t they voice it with focal speakersā€¦ā€¦?

Someoneā€™s brothers uncle, told me, it was because Focal wouldnā€™t allow them to use their loudspeakers.

DGā€¦

Not the department where they ā€œvoiceā€ things - if this hype exist.

The tech team have obviously had these SL2 speakers back from old days, no need/wish to put Focals in there.
Its ā€œjustā€ the customer demos in which they are forced to use Focal loudspeakers.

1 Like

IIRC the NAIT50 was developed using a variety of Naim and Focal speakers, including Steveā€™s own SBLs at home.

4 Likes

Looks like theyā€™re in the naughty corner :joy:

2 Likes

No more than yours, punished too :grin:

6 Likes

Plenty of space around these beauties :joy::wink::+1:

1 Like

Hifi man deleted his postā€¦.but yes, I agree, they seem to have enough space.

1 Like

Whatever speakers Iā€™ll use, whatever amp, Roy George will always be the audio designer to me.

1 Like

Looks like Vincent Priceā€¦

1 Like

Indeed it is. A classic folk horror film from 1968.

I have been a devoted follower of Hammer Films back in the daysā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like