My SL2s have died!

My SL2s DID sound good on the end of a Nait 2, Nait 50, 300, 500 and 250DR oh well…

It’s the r&d test room/cave you’d want to visit - though strictly off limits even to non r&d staff.

1 Like

I wonder if that’s the one I stuck my head into when I saw the SL2s. I was delighted because it seemed to be wall-to-wall Focals everywhere else.

Um, no, it was servicing.

The service listening room is good too, and yes, it has a pair of SL2s there…

3 Likes

There is a pair of tweeters on a well known auction site, advertised as only having been fitted for testing. Think I’d take that with a pich of salt. Obvious solder residue and a fair few scratches. But a pair of tweeters none the less.

The SL2s in the service listening room were set up beautifully, but they don’t stay like it for too long. They have a bit of a hard life & are frequently knocked with trolleys etc. The grilles are missing so that we can observe the drive unit behaviour during amp discharge.
They suit us well, as it’s easy to use them active for (S)naxos.

Regards
Neil.

10 Likes

Thanks for confirming that my enthusiasm was justified!

Best, Chris

I love my SL2, the more i listen the more i get them, seriously nice bit of kit. They play music not hifi.ATM canned heat on the road again first press (low oxygen blood red) 1968 just jaw dropping.

1 Like

There’s what looks to be a nice pair of SL2s offered for sale on a well known auction site currently. If I hadn’t already sorted a pair of speakers for my garden room system, I’d definitely be going to have a look.

Collect in person only from Leeds though!

What’s a drive to Leeds when there’s a nice pair of speakers at the end of it?!

3 Likes

Price looks ok too…

I really miss the Naim speakers. They were products of such clear differentiation and original thinking that it was quite an experience listening to them at the hifi store. SBL, SL2, DBL, NBL - i loved all of them. My 30+ years in hifi have seen exactly 2 speakers at the end of my Naim electronics. The Spendor S100 and the Quad 2805. In the end i just preferred a bit more of a natural sound. But boy do i wish i would have bought the SL2 or NBL as well and just swapped them in at regular intervals. They were amazing. I envy all of you with working pairs, although the Quads will always be my primary.

6 Likes