n-Sub remote not working

:+1:t5:

The Sl2s with nSub are an excellent and extremely articulate combination. They worked very well in my room and I much preferred them to other speakers that I tried in the search for more scale on big classical works, including the first generation Kudos Titans with their theoretically superior tweeter.

How do you open the remote?

I didnā€™t open it, the guy who did the repair prised it open with whatever tools they have to do these kinds of repairs. Theyā€™re officially camera repairers but they fixed different bits & bobs for me, even properly soldered up some Rega Couple interconnects for me. Iā€™ve known them for 25 odd years and theyā€™ve looked after my cameras in that time. Might be worth trying someone local to you if you have the same remote problem. Iā€™m just a bit mad at not thinking of them when my other remote failed with what wouldā€™ve been the same fault, dry solder joints to the LED.

My n-sub remote has just failed, so Iā€™m going to try and prise it open and see whatā€™s what. Many thanks for the thread!

Same thing happened to mine - i prised the case open, re-tapped a few solder joints with a Metcal MX-500 re-work solder station, cleaned the board & the battery terminals with some IPA, inserted new batteries and voila, it worked again. That as about a year or two ago - still working :+1:

I canā€™t see much wrong with mine to be honest. Looks fine inside doesnā€™t it?

Iā€™d check the battery sprung terminal solder joints and the sensorā€™s joints. The slightest fracture(s) will be enough to stop it working. Also check the ceramic caps tooā€¦ thatā€™s what i did, i went round with a solder iron regardless and the thing came back to life :thinking::man_shrugging:

P.S. I-Com remote is a hideously cheap tacky thing, feels like something one would purchase in Poundland. Ok, iā€™m being a bit harsh here, when mine didnā€™t work, thatā€™s how i felt.

1 Like

It does feel horrible :money_mouth_face:

The n-sub however, is magnificent :grinning:

1 Like

Absolutely!:+1:

The little remotes used for the n-Sub and for the early I series were not very nice.

Itā€™s worth knowing that the Flash remote will also control the n-Sub provided itā€™s fitted with the last PIC chip that provided a second page for controlling Naim AV kit.

1 Like