Nac 252

You could add a 2nd HiCap. I run 2 HiCaps with my 82 and it works well, in my view.

Others will disagree. Maybe they haven’t tried it…? Or maybe they are just grumpy…

YMMV.

Try to Be Agreeable At All Times

1 Like

I have been down this road, albeit with an 82. I loved the 82 and used it for 15 years, I ran it with one HC, experimented with 2 HC head to head with the 252/SCdr. No contest. The 82 had the advantage of a very good phono stage built in adding to the cost of the upgrade, but the sound quality whilst good on the 82 combo was dwarfed in all dimensions by the 252/SC.

I have subsequently bitten the bullet on a 500 series upgrade, with price reflecting the gains, but the 252/SCdr combo remains an exceedingly good choice, My two year old combo is now for sale, so I hope Naim do not launch something to make it obsolete!

2 Likes

No wonder you didn’t like it. Many here thought the 252/SC2/250.2 was blah with the cds3.

The 252 really needs the SupercapDR and a 250DR/300DR

1 Like

The DR didn’t exist when I bought the 252.

Hi CalumF, I have 282/250.2DR and when I installed a SCDR to replace a HCDR the sound was transformed. Frequency extremes extended with much more control and detail, I recall a separate forum thread saying that you only get 100% of what the 282 is capable of with an SC. Worth trying first as you’ll be able to use the SC with a 252 later if you still want to. Best wishes Amer

1 Like

I hope you let a bit of light in occasionally. That appears to be the only downside that the system will be in direct light if your place is south facing

I hada a 252 and supercap dr on a 300 dr and thro sopra 2 …n loved it different cables on it witch hat …n i was very happy …would happily stayed there if not for a awsum deal on a 552 …i listen to indie …rock n stuff along those lines and accoustic …and yep moments of magic shone through n brought smiles many avtime …go for it and enjoy :grin:

3 Likes

As my deck is in for Radikal2 upgrade I have taken the opportunity to try the 252 at the top of the rack instead of underneath the deck and with a level space now in the rack below it. Definite increased detail and ‘airiness’ - recommended for anyone who is able to put the amp at the top of a ‘brains’ rack. Sadly, for me this will be just a temporary luxury.

1 Like

Found the same with 82 but also only temporary.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.