Nac 252

Phil, I use the good old pipe insulation to keep the Burndy and snaic together. Seems to work ok:

3 Likes

Dave

In my experience Chord Signature and Aria are really good matches. Somehow they compliment each other very well. I tried Sarum and SL and with Aria they don’t gel that well.

Adam

1 Like

Very interesting. Could you please say more about precautions or advice you dealer told you to set-up 252 and supercap DR?

Thanks

When I first had the 252 on demo I had the Snaic and Burndy cables running between SCDR and 252 in parallel & close to each other, but not touching. I found the 252 sounded good but leaner in terms of bass extension compared to my 282. However, when my dealer set it up again for me, the Snaic and Burndy were overlapping and touching at one point as they cross over to connect to the SCDR. This has made an improvement overall, with a smooth, detailed presentation, and the bass sounding full & taut as it should. My dealer says that both the 252 and 552 need to have this cable dressing in order to sound their best,

2 Likes

@bongoman - Any chance you could post a picture so we may see how the overlapping is achieved?

Sure will do. I’m not at home tonight but will post it up tomorrow evening.

Thanks Bongoman. Indeed pictures will help. Is a single point recommended or does cables routing with pipe insulation (as showed on top) the same?

@shawnforever here you go. The Snaic is resting on the Burndy at a single point. I expect your pipe insulation works just as well.

Thanks @bongoman. As long as they touch at some point that looks to be the trick.
Cheers
Dave

May be OTT but my dealer advised me to loosely wind the SNAIC around the Burndy. All seems fine to these ears…oh and I relaxed my Burndy too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.