NAC 282 added to SN 2 .....for a home demo

Wow nearly 40 years of constantly changing naim amps to find out none of it makes much of a difference in the end.

It sounds like one hell of a ride.

1 Like

ā€¦in terms of time on the forum I am a newbie and the few years that I have been here I have always found your comments regarding Naim gear as being spot on. You have always stepped up and given advice and shared your knowledge and I have found it to be helpful as I am sure others have as well. So I do appreciate you sharing your journey and knowledge with the rest of us.

I also appreciate the fact that you have over come some health obstacles and stay involved in life with your volunteer work at your local music gatherings and get out on the road and travel in your caravanā€¦ and other activities.

Living life to its fullest and enjoying music along the way! Life is sweetā€¦

6 Likes

Thanks, HH. I have benefited from hearing about your experiences over the years.

Nothing wrong with ā€œsponsoring your own long-term demos,ā€ when you can afford it.

The healthy used market for Naim, and reasonable residuals (for many if not all pieces) make experimenting through trading less extravagant than it sounds, at first.

Nick

2 Likes

Consider hifiracks uk.

Every dimensions can be customized.
image|666x500

Iā€™d never point to anything being a sweet spot. It will differ from person to person, and the sweet spot is surely that which makes you happy with your music. Back in the day, when hifi was more important to me and my ears worked properly, my 552/300 was absolutely superb and a total delight. These days the integrated fits the bill. Different times, different fits with my life. The 282/250 is a nice mid point of great performance at a relatively sensible price - though whether over Ā£10,000 is sensible in the real world is another matter.

3 Likes

You have all the rights to enjoy Pete. I support at 100% your upgrade!

3 Likes

Yes, guilty as charged sweetie. A bit like Pete, moving to part time work, a great used offer and it was achievable to have a system above what I thought Iā€™d ever achieve and be set up for good whilst I have the income to pay for it, Itā€™s my only expensive hobby and I expect it will see me through until downsizing :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My comments to Pete remain the same to you Sweetie.
So , if I understand well, the 250 dr will not arrive in the next days?

I remember your last thread on the differences between 282 and 252 @trickydickie .
I didn t compared 250 and 300 but I remember that you considered the 300 better by far.
In this context I remember that 252 and sc to you sounded as a diminutive return nd probably it would be the same in my setup
My goal is to reach 282 with 2hcdr and in this configuration the 300 it is very tempting

1 Like

Unfortunately not. Itā€™s been on order for over 3 months now and itā€™s now not looking likely to be provided before my dealers license for selling Naim expires at the end of the month. If I then want a new one, it will be through a new dealer and back to the end of the queue unless they can get stock from Australia. I might just stay with using the SN2 as a power amp or wait for a good used one.

Itā€™s a bit sad. You must be disappointed.
eBay could perhaps help, if the dealer accepts to ship.

1 Like

Ouch! That is sad news

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty sad prospect for Naim in NZ. I made sure to get my existing stuff serviced while Chris is still doing itā€¦. Real have been great to deal with since I started my Naim journey.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.