NAC 282 System Automation with ND5 XS2 Streamer

Sadly to no avail. Tried resetting the 282 as well, and power cycling the whole system.

1 Like

The ND5 XS2 doesn’t have an IR in port, as far as I can see, though I wish it had been this type of easy-to-fix mistake.

Try rebooting the Naim app and device, or uninstall and reinstall the app.

Ahh, I hadn’t realised that the remote in ports included on the ND5 XS had been removed on the XS 2 version. Good luck figuring it out!

Tried a third cable today, no joy. Guess I’ll reach out to customer support with the serial number and see if there’s anything on record that may help. Am missing this feature more than I’d realised I would.

You have probably already seen this older post:

However, the 282 was introduced in 2002 (Product history | Naim Audio), so a 2012 unit definitely does not qualify as very early.

Good luck, please do keep us informed, it’s very interesting

1 Like

That’s one word for it! I did read that post and came to the same conclusion but let’s see if Naim has a chance to reply to my inquiry. It might be a while, based on their auto-responder.

Which input in the 282 do you use for the streamer? In System Automation settings have you checked that the right input is selected?

I do remember on here that some 282s had the wires the wrong way around internally on the socket thing? It gets corrected at service. Do a bit of a search and see if I’m not making this up?

I use input 2 (tuner) for the streamer. That is the one that’s selected in the app for automation. I also tried moving it to input 1 (cd) and selecting that, just in case somehow there was a problem with input. I’ve also tried going through each possible input selection in the app, with the connection left on input 2 (tuner).

Yes I came across that post about the wiring as well. I opened the unit yesterday and checked - it seems to be wired correctly from what I understand.

That’s the one. Ah, bugger was hoping that could have been it. But no.

Sadly no response from customer support yet. Hope they’ll get to it soon!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

So I was resigned to needing a factory repair on this NAC 282, then I managed to get my hands on an NDX 2. Somehow the system automation works some of the time with the NDX 2, using RC5 modulation.

I say some, because it will either be working or need a “jump start” in the form of (1) using the NAC 282 remote to nudge the volume, then (2) using the NDX 2 remote to nudge the volume, perhaps activating the automation, and finally (3) using automation via my phone/tablet.

Very odd indeed! Anyone else experience something like this?

Yes, this seems odd. My 282 and ndx2 works well without the need to get the automation going. I don’t have rc5 modulation selected in the app options though.

Unfortunatly I have no good idea what the problem could be.

Have you got anything else other than the P5 and NDX2 connected to the 282 ?

No, nothing else. Started up properly this morning. A puzzler for sure!

Very strange. At least it just seems to be 282 related as it’s happened with both of your streamers now.